or Connect

Posts by joy

Are there other options for this young person? Try to think back to your high school years? Were they really happy, wonderful times?! Having no choices and feeling stuck can make anybody have a "bad attitude". Why does a child have to like school? Being told what to do and what not to do, and when to do it and when not to do it and ........"this is what you like and what you don't like, and if you don't then you have a bad attitude?" Something to think...
Have you read Grace Llewellyn's "The Teenage Liberation Handbook, How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education"? I recommend you read it, not just hand it to your teenager and say, "Here read this." I hated school too! When I read this book, I shouted, "Where was Grace Llewellyn when I needed her!" joy
What do you already have? That's what you need! We've been "officially" home educating for 7 years and I believe it takes no more than what you already have in your home or what you have access to in your community. What does it take to live? What do you love? What are you interested in doing? I have wasted enough money on curriculum and things I thought we were "supposed" to have to find out I didn't need it at all. Each child is his/her own person with...