or Connect

Posts by flyrabbitfly

Where's he hiding? Can you put the potty there?
It is AWESOME that you are picking up on cues, so don't be discouraged. So the 3 sec is just not enough time... Are you trying to get her to the toilet or keeping a potty nearby? Quicker to keep a potty nearby. Or just some big container- a bowl or tupperware.  I totally recommend leaving off the diaper cover. It is just one more layer of work to get off, and keeps you from seeing the pee right away. And there are lots of ways to keep baby warm while keeping easy...
Well, this is nice to know! We've been doing AP all along, and one thing I have definitely noticed is that my 32 mo old boy is pretty darned attached, as in: will not generally stand to have me out of his sight. I had thought (from the original studies on attachment) that "attached" babies were generally more ok with being apart from mom. So I have worried that I had done some aspect "wrong" since he is pretty clingy. I had an old grandma tell me that "his problem is...
Seraf- and when they are tiny and being held all the time, I think that would work great. When they get mobile, I think it helps to be able to SEE the first dribble.... I didn't mean to imply you don't change your little guy often enough! No offense intended, sorry if any was given.
My concern with wool is that you would not necessarily know right away that they've gone. The nice thing about cotton prefolds is they feel wet (wool won't feel cold or particularlly uncomfortable when wet-great if you want baby to sleep through) which will be even more important if you delay starting (by 3 mo your little guy/girl may already be used to going in her diaper and losing awareness of going and sensations surrounding this). One cotton prefold tucked into a...
Not like I thought it would! Like you, I hear from others that nursing their toddler looks nothing like nursing a newborn, i.e.: they nurse down to sleep for nap and bedtime, plus a wakeup nurse and once or twice during the day. NOT! I will say that there have been a few short interludes when we only nurse a few times during the day and upon waking and have only woken up once or twice at night to nurse, and each time I think this is the new normal, and then teeth...
Ditto to Ma Cactus. We actually bought some stick-on mirrors and put them on the inside of the toilet seat for the novelty and "look at me" factor. (I think we shared some with Ma C too, actually). We kept a little basket of odd items that weren't usually for playing with too, so that DS would have something interesting to distract him from "this boring old potty business, again!" Also he was big into books, so whatever one was the fave of the day would come with us to...
i.e. this link: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/sorenipples-older/
to Julie, probably not the teeth since he has had them for months and just started hurting for a week. Could be yeast infection... or plugged duct- are there any white spots on the nipple? = milk bleb which can get painful or cause plugged duct... I'd search kellymom.com- they have a lot of good info for nursing troubles... also if you have started menstruating again recently some of us (me included) get sore nipples around ovulation and menstruation, which is a...
If she's standing to pee- you might be able to hold a yogurt container for her to pee into, or any kind of wide-mouth container (I used to pee into a plastic pringles jar when deployed-so I know it is possible!). This works great for boys, but might work for your DD too since she's into standing right now. Probably you'll figure out where the stream will go after a time or two... I wouldn't worry about where she goes right now, not on the floor is good enough! In a few...