or Connect

Posts by flyrabbitfly

I think she is naturally going to slim down as your younger child grows and your milk adjusts. Her diet has changed because your milk has changed. So if she is going to maintain or slim down, she needs to move more, or your milk needs to change, which it will over time. I agree with PPs that the best way to get her moving is for your whole little family to get moving, go walking, dance in the living room, keep up the swimming pool, go sledding, build that snowman with...
Mornings always a lot more pee than afternoons. DS is 31 mo or so, pees every hour so until nap time, then maybe every 3 hours or so in the afternoon.  
I agree that plenty of 20 mo old aren't done yet. It doesn't mean you have "failed" at EC! Just look at it this way: a worst case scenario of EC graduation is probably  finishing around age 3. We have friends who used disposables in the conventional way who are celebrating their daughter's finally being out of diapers at age 5. (!!!!) So if you are going to compare what you are doing, just compare the amount of landfill you didn't take up with 5 years of diapers. I...
Here is some info you can share with your WIC counselor:
Just want to update since I posted last we started waking DS up in the morning to get him to nap earlier and then waking him up from naptime so he would go to bed earlier and he'd gone back to 2-5 hour stretches, usually around 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at a time. And last night we all slept without waking at all from 9:30 to 5 am!!!! I woke up with like, angels singing, etc:) He drank a bunch of water right before bed and I don't know if it was a coincidence, but...
Yay! I loved the way you described your sweet morning routine.
So my question is: is this a recent change from happier sleep circumstances? If so, I'd definitely say it is the teeth- the first ones are WICKED and a new and painful experience for your little guy. My DS got his at that same age and it was pretty horrible for all of us. But with that is the knowledge that it is also TEMPORARY, so making huge changes like night weaning right at the time when your little guy is telling you loud and clear that he is miserable and needs...
I am so sorry for your loss. Personally, I would research your OB's opinion, before taking nursing away from your daughter. 50% of women have a least one miscarriage, and usually it is for chromosomal reasons (accident of nature) and your nursing very likely had nothing whatsoever to do with it. If I were in your position, I would do some research on the subject, and perhaps look for a second opinion. Best of luck.
More than 4 hours, plus concert, we're looking at some time frame less then 12 hours, during a lot of which your little guy will probably be asleep...You are clearly very concerned about him holding it too long or suffering some unable-to-potty related stress. But I think you can probably relax. 12 hours or less in the great scheme of things will make no difference whatsoever in his pottying. Sounds like you, like me are a SAHM who has perhaps, like me, just about never...
I am so right there with you now, but in my case it is more related to DS nursing ALL NIGHT LONG, like every 45 min to 2h max, like when he was a newborn for the last few weeks. He got sick while we were travelling- he's over it and we're home, and I feel like, surely you've made up for all that by now? He's looking like a little butterball and I am looking like I feel: HAGGARD. I know he is just adjusting so I'm resiting the urge to try night weaning or something...