or Connect

Posts by flyrabbitfly

Is she maybe trying to hold it for a super long time? (try a no dipes day to see how long she's going?) My DS had a period right after we thought he'd graduated where he just realized it was something HE could control, and only he. He was kind of experimenting with what would happen if he just didn't go... I thought he had a bladder infection because finally it would start to dribble out, and here I'd considered him graduated for a few months. So I freaked out and took...
Set of 6 waterproof, 5 not waterproof in rockets, chick and robot prints. Velcro closure. Including 11 zorb inserts to add nightime absorbency. We used the waterproofs at night, and others for daytime. Not much used, DS graduated to undies a few months later. One got caught on some velcro, so the elastic looks frayed, but otherwise they are in excellent condition. Size Large: 20-30 lbs. Waist: 17" to 22.5" Rise: up to 16" ; Legs: 10" to 15.5" Asking 120$ for the...
Red are cashmere, $9, white are unknown upcycled maybe wool or wool blend, 5$. Both made by my sister for DS. Excellent for nighttime EC in colder weather if you've been braving the naked baby in the bed, or just for around the house, esp for a bub who can take themselves to the potty but can't work the clothes yet. Measurements: Red: Waist: unstrteched 7.5" side to side. Stretches easily to 11". Length waist to cuff: 18". Wide cuff is very easy to roll and stays...
Lol- my DS still loves that Duck book, even though he's been a grad for a year. I am always surprised how much he still enjoys potty books- even when we are not on the potty! But then I still think poop jokes are funny, so....
Pretty  much the only time I say "no" to nursing is when we are on a crowded metro train and I just don't feel comfortable whipping my boob out and trying to keep my 30 mo old DS from kicking other passengers while he nurses. I just say, the train is too crowded, and I don't feel comfortable nursing here. We'll find a bench at our stop. Depending if he is super tired or something, he will keep asking, and I keep telling him. If he gets upset I just hug him and say I know...
I agree with Sky, it looks like a fluids issue. Seems to me if it was your milk, he'd have been constipated BEFORE starting solids...making water available may be all the help he needs. In any case, I also agree that probiotics help. My DS has had some constipation issues (more related to travel and holding it) and we put some probiotics in a little bit of fruit juice every day or two and it seems to really help. He calls it his "poop medecine" lol. And if he is having...
What kind of diapers? I'd say go to underwear today and you will probably see a big difference by tomorrow. I don't think using the diaper means she's not ready. You are still putting a diaper on her, that means, it's still ok to go in her diaper.  If she's used to disposables, it is pretty much as good as a wearable toilet as far as she is concerned- they don't feel wet at all. Even a lot of fleece or minkie cloth dipes don't feel wet. She will have a totally different...
  I'm not sure where you are getting this information, with respect to toddlerhood and EC at 18 mo and above, but I disagree. In fact, my BS alert is ringing off the hook right now. IMO 18 mo is on the early graduation scale of EC- many EC'd children don't graduate until close to their 2nd birthday or even 30 mo. EC may not be "developmentally appropriate" to START with an 18 mo old, but to say you have to quit and buy your friend's book at the 18 mo mark is pretty...
Hi again OP- a friend of mine posted this image today on facebook- might be a great one to share with your pediatrician:)
Immune benefits: your breastmilk is full of IgA- which sticks all over bacteria, making it much much easier for your child's body to expel the bad guys and avoid infection. Your child's immune system is not fully developed until around age 5, which is probably why the world average for weaning is around 4 (if you didn't count western countries it would be even higher). Emotional benefits: if your toddler is "using you as a pacifier" that is exactly what she is doing....