or Connect

Posts by flyrabbitfly

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky."                             --Hafiz   Further recommended reading: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and maybe Vanity Fair by William Makepeace.   OP you sound like a super wonderful guy, but be warned, you will probably need to stick it out for years to make headway here, with no guarantees....
The quickest on/off hands down are ECA pants, or for a cheaper option, a prefold in a prefold belt. Since it is winter, you can make chaps by buying some cheapo second hand infant pants and cutting out the crotch, then tuck a prefold in the belt. Or better yet, buy some cheapo second hand wool or cashmere sweaters, and use them to make some chaps- they'll repell wetness (esp if you lanolize them), and won't feel cold if they do get a little damp, as well as have natural...
I only felt embarrassed when I pottied my very little guy in a fairly unacceptable place, like a parking lot,  or in the sink of a public restroom. Once I pottied him next to the car and he had an unexpected poop in the parking lot! But it was EBF poop and I just poured water on it and mostly disappeared. But I felt a bit ashamed and was REALLY happy nobody had noticed. As far as letting others know we are going to go to the potty, no, I never felt embarrassed about...
I agree with disagreeing on rewarding something that is just part of what we all do. As far as when he refuses- definitely try other places- tub, sink, outside, yogurt jar while he stands, get a baby urinal for pees (my son loved his from about 18 mo until about 28 mo, when it had to be how daddy does it- in the toilet with the lid up for pees), but if he isn't interested in going any of these places, or if he is REALLY adamant about his refusal- just listen to him,...
Any chance he is constipated? We had some of these issues when DS became constipated. Unfortunately, just about everything he likes to eat is on the "constipating" list of food: cheese, bananas, pasta, yogurt, apples- all toddler favorites! We switched to whole grain pasta and brown rice, made sure bananas were really ripe before eating, snuck some extra probiotics into yogurt, TRY to limit cheese, give him a little bit of juice now and then, make dairy free smoothies,...
I'd say for a 6 mo old child in the 90th percentile who is showing lots of interest in food, let him have some! Sounds like the sanity saver you are looking for. He may or may not eat much of it at this age, but maybe just the oral work will help him wait for the real deal. While all the pps are right: there isn't as much bang for the buck in solids compared to breastmilk or formula, on the other hand this isn't a kid who needs more bang. Just buck. Good luck!
It can take little ones longer to adjust to time changes I think- their day/night rhythm is only getting established, or newly so. We live in S.Korea and DS is 2, and it still takes about 2 weeks to adjust when we come home from the US. So maybe you are right around the corner. Also I agree with Seraf- maybe he wants to sleep through the night now! Some babies sleep better with nightime EC, and some would rather sleep through. Our DS flailed for hours if we didn't...
Hope this helps- haven't tried it: http://mothering.com/weaning-child good luck:)
Ooops! On the sizing info for the CF stuff, the first number refers to the waist (unstretched), the second to the Outseem (waist to ankle), the third to the approx. age. Thanks!    
Hello ECers! We are cleaning out our stash of winter EC clothes, mostly chaps and split-pants... please PM me if you are interested... These are size large fleece from Continuum Family; green on left are split-crotch, blue on right are chaps (sizing: L  18" 19" 18-24 months and up) They were $18 each new, the green pair on the left were never worn (they are VERY warm, and we lived in the South at the time). My sister...