or Connect

Posts by flyrabbitfly

Sounds like DS has a lot going on! I agree with PP about your work probably being a factor, as well as his growing awareness of his ability to control his body. He is unable to control what you are doing, but he CAN control this pee thing! And clearly teething is never great for anything. Our DS had a similar sudden increase in misses when he had (we thought) just graduated. I think really he just had suddenly realized that only he could control what came out when and he...
My DS is a little over 2 now, and we considered him a grad about 18 mo. Then about 19 mo, suddenly he would just start peeing, like, while sitting on the counter or something! I was sure he had a UTI and I had him checked (amazed MD with clean catch without a catheter) and he didn't have a UTI. Someone told me (my sis?) that around that age, they just realize it is something they can CONTROL, as in HOLD it, or NOT, and they do some experiments with just how long can they...
I would definitely continue your nursing, business as usual. You are your sons mom and your job is to care for him, not the sensibilities of Victorian Americans. Whenever we are nursing in public, I focus all of my attention on my son. I don't look up to see if anyone disapproves. We make our private space with our attention and no one has ever said anything to us. Maybe we've gotten disapproving looks, but I wouldn't know. If someone did say something, I would try to go...
IMO your instincts are RIGHT. I have read that in other countries when a child isn't gaining weigh they never recommend weaning, but focus on improving the mother's diet. Can you increase YOUR healthy fats? The type and quantity of fat in your diet is reflected in yourbreastmilk. And I agree that there are many ways to sneak some fat in a little at a time for your little mans diet too. Blueberries and cream? Veggies with olive oil and a very little bit of salt are pretty...
It is so uncomfortable to be aware of our kids early learning in this department!!!! I hope you can make up with your sister!
Ba ha ha! What a sense of humor your sweetie has!
I have also been disappointed with nursing tank wear out and just the bagginess of most of them (for me baggy was good in the beginning when I was baggy too-but then I wanted to wear my old shirts without having crazy baggy nursing tank under.) I also found the clasps to be kind of a hassle in public messing around under my shirt to try to get them done and undone. What I use now is just tube tops! I got some stretchy hemp cotton blend ones on etsy. They are kind of pricey...
I would say he is eating a bit more... he is not currently teething but we are waiting on the 2 y molars, so maybe they will ruin our run of good sleep when they show:(... Also he is napping a bit less, so it is a trade off- better sleep at night, less "time off" during the day...
My DS is almost 25 mo and has just recently started going most of the night without nursing- ie. asleep by 9, maybe nurse once at 4 and then at 6 and then wake up around 730 or 8... I had finally gotten used to every 2-3 hours though, so I still wake up pretty often! Soon I hope to learn to sleep through the night myself:) I don't think there is anything wrong with some gentle night weaning if you need it though... the breastfeeding relationship is about both of you...
I can't remember specifics, but when we were trying, and trying and trying, we finally did the OP kit and something about what it said made us decide to try sex in the morning instead of at night when we usually did- we were missing the window or something- in any case, we finally conceived that month! We also used some stuff called Preseed as a lube, since most lubes are pretty toxic to sperm....I was charting as well, and knew that my cycle wasn't "typical" legnthwise,...