or Connect

Posts by Kaydove

Posting this question to this thread at the advice of one of the lovely ladies in my DDC. Copy/paste:   My dog, a german shepherd/husky mix, who is normally very obedient, was acting strange about going into his crate to sleep tonight. He didn't want to go and kept wanting to go downstairs. Past few days, if I don't go outside with him, he won't go potty; he'll just wait at the door or come back inside. We've had him since November and he's knows I'm pregnant - he...
After watching several seasons of American Idol, I am SO thankful my parents were honest about our family's lack of singing talent and that I'm not an exception. Seriously, the only people who can sing in my family on both my mother's and father's side are adopted or step family!   Some of these parents (especially mothers) are either deranged in thinking that their kid can actually hold a tune at all, or the parents are entirely tone deaf. Some of the people...
My dog, a german shephard/husky mix, who is normally very obedient, was acting strange about going into his crate to sleep tonight. He didn't want to go and kept wanting to go downstairs. Past few days, if I don't go outside with him, he won't go potty; he'll just wait at the door or come back inside. We've had him since November and he's knows I'm pregnant - he lays his ear on my belly and pulls DH's hand over to my belly showing DH that there's a baby in there. He's...
Thanks everyone for the advice! I have to agree with Adorkable. The room closest to the master is much larger than the smaller room upstairs, and a 21 year old has larger furniture than a baby (queen or full bed vs. crib/toddler bed). Amber (my step daughter) really wouldn't be able to fit much besides a bed in the small room, where if she has the larger upstairs room, she'll have enough room for a bed, dresser, and a desk. It also has a great view, which Amber would...
This may seem like its late to be considering this but we just moved right after Christmas. We're currently debating on where to put the baby's room and I could really use some advice. Here's the layout: At the top of the stairs, directly to the right is the master bedroom, across the hall there's a bedroom, then bathroom right next to it to the left, and then a small bedroom on the other side of the bathroom. We also have a guest bedroom and bathroom downstairs,...
I have a ton of cervical mucous as well and it has increased in the last few days but I don't think I've lost my plug yet.
Another thing I remember my midwife saying was that when you're pregnant, taking iron works differently than taking iron when you're not pregnant. When you're not pregnant, it takes at least 3 months to build your stores back up, but when you take iron supplements when you're pregnant, you're body uses that supplement for yourself and baby depletes your stores. So it may take quite some to build your stores back up and you may not be able to do it while your pregnant,...
I tested anemic as well at 26 weeks, not sure my number but my midwife said that it was quite low. I haven't had it retested but I'm feeling better with iron pills an nettle tea. You're doing everything I would suggest, so kudos to you there. Are you eating a lot of dark leafy greens like spinach? I know those have more iron than meat. Maybe do a quick google search for veggies with lots of iron. Good luck!
Totally forgot that it took me forever to fall asleep last night and I woke up in the night to pee, plus I woke up before the alarm. Maybe that's why I'm so tired...
Fruit is a great idea! I do find that it tastes the same refluxing it back up so I would imagine it would be similar to puke up. Never thought I would be considering how something would taste coming back up, lol.