or Connect

Posts by Kaydove

I don't have heartburn, but I have reflux! No matter what I eat, I reflux a little bit of it up, which is disgusting!
I'm thinking we will get a crib that converts to a toddler bed then a twin bed now and side car the crib to our bed until she sleeps through the night. That way I feel like I'm getting my money's worth on a crib. As far as sleeping in different parts of the house for convenience, the stroller I want is the Valco Ex Tri mode single that has a bassinet option - the bassinet has a stand that it sits on that also rolls. Great for the early months, which I'll also use for her...
I just remembered that I have a changing pad! Okay, no more mental inventory, I'll have to do a physical inventory once all my stuff gets here. Definitely have pregnancy brain. My DH gets his signing bonus check today, which is a huge relief, so we'll be able to buy whatever we need soon!
As far as sleeping arrangements, we're planning on sidecarring our crib. I'm just wondering if I should get a pack and play now in case we need to put off buying a crib due to financial reasons...the crib I originally picked out is $500, not sure how cost comparable a pack and play is. Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Oh yeah, I have a boppy with 2 covers, a car seat, stroller (the travel system that goes with my car seat. I hate travel systems but both carseat and stroller were given to me by my sister in law. Car seat is in great shape and well within the expiration date), I have a Ergo and a Moby wrap. I guess I just need to make sure I have enough diapers and newborn clothes... Any recs for postpartum items for me? Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
We just moved from Seattle to San Diego so we held off on buying baby stuff, besides for diapers. We're planning on getting all the baby stuff now that we're down here but it'll depend on when my DH gets paid. I have some stuff from my baby shower and I started stocking up on cloth diapers. What's your list of essentials in case baby comes early? And how many? Here's what I have (everything is packed so this is all from memory ) Baby bath tub Baby grooming items (nail...
What about donating it to research? In Seattle, one of the cancer research companies uses cord blood to treat terminally ill cancer patients as a last ditch effort, so they're always looking for donations. Maybe donating your placenta to science might be an option. I need to look into donating cord blood here in San Diego...
I have them! Almost unnoticeable besides for my belly feeling really tight. I'm out of breath a lot just walking around and up and down my stairs, (my new house has so many stairs, where my old one was a one story!) and I notice I get them after walking around a lot. Not sure if feeling out of breath and BH ctx are related but they do tend to coincide.
I'm encapsulating my placenta because I'm at risk for PPD since I got it really bad after my 11 week miscarriage last year. The research at this point can go both ways but for me its worth the cost even if it ends up being a placebo effect. I won't ingest it raw, only if it's been prepared the TCM method. I'm not disputing the benefits of raw but since research is so limited already, I won't take that risk personally. (I'm not saying anything negative at all about people...
All you can do to avoid them is keep hydrated and the skin supple. All the potions and creams in the world won't make a difference if you're genetically prone to get them. I use Earth Mama Angel Baby stretch oil to help with the itches. As far as parabens, I avoid them almost exclusively except for when I'm in a bind, like this week when I forgot to pack body soap for my move to San Diego, we're tight on cash, so Aveeno body wash will have to do for now. Same thing with...