or Connect

Posts by Kaydove

We're moving at the end of the month, so I have not much besides what people have given me (clothes, swing, bouncer, etc). I do have a baby shower coming up on the 11th, but its not like I can set anything up. I'll have a month to have everything set up.
My DH and I are going to raise our baby bilingual as non native speakers! I'm due in February. We're native English speakers, he's fluent in Spanish, and I need to learn! We're moving from Seattle to San Diego, CA next month, so that will help with her learning Spanish since everything is in English and Spanish down there, being so close to the border. He's going to speak as much Spanish to her as possible so she learns two languages from birth. I really hope he keeps up...
I disagree, it really depends on where you are for how much doulas charge. The cost of living could be higher which causes a doula to charge more. Here in Seattle doulas rates range from $1000-$2000 + per birth, and get tons of clients. It really depends on where you live. My thoughts and plans on this is when I'm a doula in training (which per DONA is only for the first 3 births), I will charge half of what I would plan to charge once I'm certified, so $400-$500. That...
Thanks Alison - I'll put those on my list of places to check out. Love how dog friendly San Diego is!   Radicaleel - We should definitely meet up once I get down there! My DH starts his job Jan 3rd.
My doula group was just talking about this...one doula had a client who was experiencing bp readings on the high side only at appointment like you, so they practiced breathing exercises to relax and bring down the bp. The mom to be would arrive to appts 10-15 minutes early, sometimes with the doula, and would do the breathing exercises in the car before the appt and that helped her get a lower bp reading. Maybe you could try that and/also a hypnosis cd.
Thanks everyone! We're so very excited!   Gunter - Good point about getting in touch with a La Leche League! I'm part of the doula organization up here and was able to tap them for contacts too.   Alison - I would love recommendations on restaurants and a chiropractor! I'm most stressed about finding all my care providers and replicating my care, so definitely looking for recommendations.   Parsley - I'm not too stressed about the move, I'm stressed about...
My DH got an amazing job offer in San Diego, CA, such a great oppurtunity that we couldn't pass it up! We're SO excited about moving down there! I can't wait to get out of this Seattle rain and experience a new city. He starts January 3rd, so we're moving right after Christmas. The start date was going to be December 15th, I'm so thankful that it got moved to January and we can have Christmas up here. They are paying for the move and we have a large moving budget, so...
I feel like I need to be done soon but also that I have a ton to do! I had a rib out of place about 3 weeks ago and since then it acts up super easily. Last night it started hurting from sitting sideways at childbirth classes. I had to turn sideways because my tail bone was going numb. I do chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, prenatal yoga, epsom salt baths, and a heating pad - sometimes all in the same 2 days if its really bad. Last night at 2am I had to take a epsom...
I've been falling asleep at 9pm or 10pm when I usually go to bed at 12pm. Last night, I feel asleep on the couch snuggling my dog and my DH put blankets over me and brought me to bed when he did at 1pm. I'm not lasting as long as I used to. I have no energy to cook dinner and my kitchen is a mess. I hope this is just a phase and the rest of pregnancy isn't so exhausting.
I'm not a crier, like at all and not ever in public, and I started crying at work because I thought that I might not get a baby shower! I don't even like baby showers, not my scene at all, but I'm obessed about having one for me! Thankfully, I was on my way out and no one saw (I work in a male dominated company). My sister in law is throwing me a baby shower too, which of course made me cry. She wanted it to be a surprise but my DH told me so I wouldn't work my self up...