or Connect

Posts by Lynann

My mum was born at home, so she has been very understanding of our stance on home birth. My MIL on the other hand is very trusting of doctors and I was the first person she ever encountered that spoke about home birth. For DS1 she fussed and asked lots of "stupid, what if" questions. When we went for the HBAC with DS2 we took a lot more time to explain the research to her as she thought "once a c-section always a c-section." When the HBAC went really smoothly she stopped...
I'm also jealous of the B cups. I've already had DH agree that once we're done having children and the last one is weaned I'm having reduction surgery. We just need to agree on a size. I'd love a B or C cup, but DH is asking for a D.   CoBabyMaker you have such an adorable bump, and I love the boots. It never gets cold enough here for boots.
I hate the belly rubbing. The first time it happened to me was the first time I ever came across the concept and was in total shock, even though it was a friend. I think my reaction said everything, even though I didn't say anything, just looking shocked made them realize that I wasn't expecting to be touched like that. After that the same friend always asked before she rubbed it, which wasn't as bad. I do think it is rude to touch someone without permission. But I'm a...
If it makes any of you feel better about your boob size I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the biggest cup size in the group. I'm a 34J, that's right a J cup (did you even know they went up that big?) Before I got pregnant the first time I was a steady 34G(UK)/34H(US) for several years. Then with DS1 I went up to 34H(UK)/34I(US) now that I'm a 34J its the same size both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. I hate, hate, hate shopping for nursing bras, and move back to underwire as...
We do have a gas grill. I think everyone that lives in Florida has a grill. DH had mentioned trying to do the stuffing on the grill too. I'd never have thought of trying to make pies on the grill though.   I will confess to enjoying a cup of coffee at the Mall just before Christmas and watching all the panic shoppers trying to do all their shopping on one lunch break.
We don't have a playroom per se. We did put down those jigsaw tiles on our screened in back patio so we could use it as an outdoor playroom. We are fortunate to live in a climate where the children can play outside all year, so we have some toys that are kept out there, and they go out to play on the patio most days. The rest of the toys were in the family room until last week. Now that my 14 month old has mastered the stairs the boys keep going upstairs to play, so last...
DS2 was a home VBAC. I'm more than happy to answer any questions.
Our Christmas shopping is done, except for stocking fillers. We did ALL of it last Saturday. Because my family is all still in Scotland I just order everything for them on the UK Amazon website and have it delivered to my mum. Then my mum's gift I send to my sister. This year my brother, sister and I are all doing family portraits for my mum, so we went last Saturday to have our portrait done at JCPenney. (And found out after the photo session that they are doing a...
We've lived in this neighborhood for a year. I still don't know any of the neighbors to say more than a quick "hello" which actually makes me quite sad. I do think it is partly the way the houses are designed. There is usually only one window at the front on the ground floor and it is usually people's dinning rooms (if used the way the house was designed) and the majority of the front of the house is taken up with the garage door. So people don't spend time outside in...
For me I get the round ligament pain in the area just above and to the side of my hips (right hip pain is to the left, left hip pain is to the right) if that makes any sense. It feels kind of like a pulling sensation but is also a sharp stabbing pain at the same time. This is my 3rd child (4th pregnancy) so I'm beginning to figure out what all the different twinges and pains are. First time around I would have described it like pulling a muscle just next to my hip, and...