or Connect

Posts by Lynann

Marie I had to transition my baking skills in the opposite direction. My advice is to ditch the American recipes and find some good local ones. I've had to give up most of my old recipes as they just don't work as well with American ingredients. Also you'll probably find self-raising flour used more commonly for cakes and cookies which is why you don't need the baking powder/soda (its already in SR flour)   AmandaLynn I didn't take any childbirth classes first time...
With DS1 I gained 40lbs and had a 8lb7oz baby. With DS2 I gained 25lbs and had a 9lb8oz baby. So far at 28w 4d I'm up a total of 8lb.   The differences in each pregnancy with what I ate were: DS1 mostly just stuck to the Brewer's Diet, but struggled with eating enough towards the end as there was just no room in my stomach. DS2 mainly stuck with Brewer's Diet again, but added in more protein in the 3rd trimester in the form of protein shakes and protein bars when I...
I had lots of plans last time for my HBAC that never happened. I had candles, music, my favorite juice from back home etc, but with only 3 hours of active labor I never got time for any of that. Last time labor started 5 minutes into the 1 hours drive home from the midwife's office the day of my 41 week visit. So we went to Walmart before finally heading home to pick up some food and give me somewhere to walk for a bit in air conditioning. Then when we got home we were...
I started eating a low glycemic index type diet at the beginning of December, and now at 27 weeks (today) I'm only up 7lbs from my prepregnancy weight (although I started out 70lbs overweight, so I can afford not to gain much.)   My favorite go to snack is 0% plain Greek yogurt with a dash of vanilla extract and a teeny sprinkle of pure stevia extract powder (replaces sugar but super concentrated) then I add in some berries (either frozen mixed berries or chopped...
The ladies at our Church are giving me a shower for this baby. Since I've never had a shower for the previous babies it will be nice to finally have that experience. However its our 3rd baby in as many years so we really, really don't need any more "stuff." Even our clothing for the first few sizes are almost all gender neutral because we never find out gender ahead of time. Since I have nothing to register for we decided it would make more sense to just have a "book...
That is a great point. I'm 5ft2in and extremely large breasted, so the MBF gave me a really comfortable position to nurse in. I also loved that it fastened on (don't buy the velcro one the noise will wake a sleeping baby) so if the baby falls asleep and won't be moved without waking up and I need to pee I can just stand up slowly and go pee without moving the baby (obviously keeping one hand on the baby at all times, and its amazing how quickly you learn to do all kinds...
Nursing bras and tops are definitely a very personal thing, and a lot will depend on the size of your boobs.   I have really big boobs (varies from G through J) and I hate, hate, hate nursing bras, although I wear them for the first 3-4 months postpartum. They don't give proper lift and support to larger breasted women, even though they have larger cup sizes. I spend most of that first 3-4 months with sweaty mono-boob issues. The only positive with being so large to...
  I would definitely keep bringing it up with the doctor, but make it sound like its obvious that it is going to happen. Maybe even mentioning how all the research shows that skin to skin after a c/s helps both mama and baby to recover quicker (its not just about bonding.) I would leave out the "barring any medical emergency" though, as he could easily see that as his out even if there is no emergency. I'd also try to mention it to as many of your care providers as...
Finally got DH to take a belly shot on Sunday when I was 26w2d.     And I'll definitely be trying those squats. My hips have been giving me quite a bit of pain, as has my lower back. I've been blaming it on carrying around my 30lb 16 month old, but he is finally mastering climbing down the stairs, so I hope that helps reduce how much I have to pick him up and lets my poor lower back & hips get some rest before the new baby arrives.
I love wool, especially for the NB stage. I've been working on my stash of knitted wool soaker/covers as DS2 outgrew the ones I made for him before I could knit some bigger ones. So this time I'm trying to be prepared for another large baby that grows like a weed.   Renting sounds like a great idea if you are only going to use them for a month. Do you think 18 diapers will be enough? I know I like to have at least 12 per day, especially for newly born as mine pee a...