or Connect

Posts by Lynann

If you are worried about your amniotic sac being weak and thus rupturing early try taking 1000mg of VitC with bioflavinoids every day from now until you go into labor. The VitC & bioflavinoids can help strengthen your amniotic sac and reduce your risk of PPROM. I take it daily from 20 weeks for that reason. (CNM suggested it last time since DS1 my waters broke before labor started and with DS2 waters didn't break until the 1st push)
  There isn't much of a question about UCing. We don't have any other choice at this point, other than just showing up at a hospital in labor. After getting my results back I tried to get an appointment with an OB, but not a single practice in this entire city will take me on at this stage in pregnancy without official prenatal records. Since we had been planning on UP & UC I don't have any official prenatal records, so I can't even get a consultation anywhere at this...
Thanks Becky. The rash is just very faint marks on my skin. I have read it can take a couple of months to fade completely, so it isn't concerning me. After the initial treatment with prednisolone I haven't had any more symptoms, so I honestly think its one of those pregnancy triggered cases that disappear never to be seen again. If it flairs back up, then I'll be a little more concerned about it, but for now we're carrying on as if it never happened.
During my last pregnancy we discussed this extensively with our CNM. She remarked that women who eat a balanced, healthy diet that is normally low on junk and extra sugar are more likely to have a false + on the 1 hour test because their body isn't used to such a high increase in blood sugar. She prefers to do an hA1C blood test (no nasty drink etc) which is a blood test that is done on actual diabetics too and looks at overall blood sugar levels over the previous couple...
As another big boobed woman I agree that its more about the nipple size. I have a Phillips Avent Isis iQ double electric breast pump. (It's a UK based brand) I really like it and its nice and compact and very quiet. I only used it very occasionally until DS2 (got it when he was born) decided he wanted his milk from a straw sippy instead of direct from me when he was 9 months old, and then I exclusively pumped ALL his milk for 4 months with it. With DS1 I rented a...
It doesn't appear to be Lupus, thankfully. I was however given a diagnosis of Sweet's Syndrome, with a 20% chance that it is being caused by an underlying cancer, so the dermatologist wants me to get checked by an OB to make sure I don't have any of the female cancers. The only problem is that I'm 25 weeks pregnant with no prenatal care for this pregnancy, so none of the OBs in this area will even consider taking me on. I'm not worried about it though, as this gives me...
Last time I upcycled some of DH's old white undershirt t-shirts, and used probably about 5or 6 layers in each as the fabric was very thin. This time someone gave me a big box of baby fabric that had a large piece of flannel in it, and I'm using 4 layers of flannel for the inner soaker on each diaper. Newborns hold so little pee at any given time, that unless they are in the diaper for a long time (like several hours) I think 4 layers of flannel would work perfectly well....
Seems I've missed a LOT in the last few weeks of chatting. I've been dealing with sick little ones, then got sick too, but I'm beginning to feel better and back to chatty mode.   I'll also pitch in on the round ligament pain being way worse than labor contractions. When I get them I have to immediately stop what I'm doing, as I feel like I'm being stabbed.   It is really good to try and have a strong amniotic sack. My waters broke before labor started with DS1...
I did Target. DH also had a Target visa card that gave us an additional 5% discount, which was why we picked Target.
I scaled it to 80%, but saying that DS2 outgrew them in less than 3 weeks. So now I'm making some bigger ones to go between these and prefolds.