or Connect

Posts by Lynann

I only know of 1 medically indicated circ. I have a friend who had it done for medical reasons when he was 12. The medical reasons were linked to his Muscular Dystrophy, although I don't know the actual details.   I do think medical reasons are rare, and usually not present in infancy.
Last time with DS2 we made a registry just for our own use to keep a track of what we actually needed, since we only had 15 months between 1 & 2. Mostly I did it because there were a few spendy items we needed to get and we got 20% off using it.   I've never had a baby shower with either of my previous babies, and just a few days ago a friend offered to do a shower for this one. Since there isn't much we actually need this time (just a 20 month gap this time and got...
My oldest was done. It was not an issue on my radar, so I hadn't done any research at that point. Being Scottish it never was an issue as it is not done routinely in the UK, only for religious (Jewish & Muslim) or genuine medical reasons. So it never entered my head that DH had such a strong opinion. Since we don't find out the gender until birth we never really talked about it, then when DS1 was born DH expressed very clearly that it was happening. We were a hospital...
Since this is my 3rd baby in as many years I don't have a lot of stuff to actually buy. This is what I can think of from the top of my head though.   Pull out NB & 0-3 clothes etc and wash and put in baskets ready to use. (early April) Move changing table & bassinet back into master bedroom (mid April) Finish making 8-15lb NB fitted diapers (ASAP) Re-lanolize wool soakers (mid April) Make some extra wipes (if there is time) Make 2 cotton liners for the Pram...
How I wish bras were optional for me. I also agree with Katie that trying on different bras is ultimately what works best.   I'll measure for a 36 band, but wear a 34 because it provides better support where it is meant to be (under the breasts) and currently fluctuate between a G and a J cup. I was G before I had children and slowly crept up to a J while nursing last time. In the last couple of weeks I noticed the J wasn't supporting me properly and was a bit roomy,...
Please don't go anywhere near that website.   She is a terrible, hateful women who thinks nothing of stealing women's birth stories and using them for her own agenda, while attacking those women for being selfish for choosing to "sacrifice" their baby just to have an "experience."   If anyone uses a link to her website, it will increase her feed and give her links back to other women she can attack. She has even been known to alter birth stories so that women who...
I followed the Brewer Diet with my previous pregnancies and still ended up with the beginning of Pre-E with DS1 (wasn't confirmed by lab results until a few days after his birth, but it had been building for a few weeks.)   With DS2 I made sure to concentrate on being more high protein, especially towards the end of the pregnancy, and did much better.   This time I'm doing something very different, but still very centered on high protein consumption. I'm already...
We have one that we use for the first couple of months, but it doesn't go in and out of the car, it just stays in the car. I would rather wear the baby than carry a seat around, especially since I tend to have larger babies (8lb7oz & 9lb8oz at birth) and the weight of the baby and the seat together gets very heavy very quickly. I also find that they are very uncomfortable to carry anywhere as they make you either lean over to one side, or if carrying 2 handed it pushes...
Have you tried increasing your protein consumption? Extra protein always helps me when I start getting any swelling. Also making sure you salt to taste and are drinking lots of fluids, but also not too many.
If its any consolation I'm VERY big boobed too. I'm a 34J. I don't actually change much in size, which is a good thing because I already struggle to find anywhere that has my size (love Nordstrom for their awesome selection of larger cup sizes and alteration service that will turn any bra into a nursing bra, just $10 extra.)   DH and I have chatted several times about getting reduction surgery once we time out and I'm no longer nursing. Until then I will just continue to...