or Connect

Posts by Lynann

So much depends on your lifestyle and budget.   This is my bare essentials list:   Diapers & wipes (we do cloth for both) Somewhere for baby to sleep (if you co-sleep that's easy, your bed, but somewhere for naps is handy too.) Some onesies and sleepers (I like to have about 10 of each of these, so I don't have to wash every day.) Soft towels & wash cloths ( I've been given several hooded baby towels which are great for newborns.) 3 well fitting nursing...
I think the gender issue is interesting too. We don't push stereotypes, but we certainly notice that our boys are most definitely typical boys. Their favorite things to play with are cars & trucks and building blocks. They will build large towers and then launch something at them to knock them over and send the blocks all over the floor. They have a baby doll, but it is mostly used as a missile to knock over blocks. We have got them a play kitchen for indoors and a play...
I finally got DH to take a picture of my bump on Monday. I was 19 weeks & 3 days.     I'm a shorty, so my bump pops out really early every time.
I haven't transferred all the files from my old computer so the PDF is still on there. I'll see what I can dig up though.   This isn't the instructions I used, but it's the same idea. If you use a jersey knit fabric (t-shirt type fabric) then you don't have to sew the edges. I get cheap fabric online at fabric.com   You can download the PDF from Moby here.
  I made my own wrap, no sewing required. It's just 5 yards of fabric cut to 20-25inches thick. I have 2 both made from cotton jersey fabric, so they don't fray and don't need to be sewn. Then I found a PDF of instructions on how to use the wrap. I have thought about getting a cotton muslin woven wrap from a Etsy shop that is only $37, as it looks like it would be so much cooler in our hot Florida summers.   I have been playing around with the idea of making my own...
DS1 was only 15 months old last time, and had never been away from both of us. Since we were having a home birth we asked a friend to come over for him, so that DH could focus on me. In the end I had a night time birth and DS1 slept through the whole thing. I was in labor when he went down for the night and when he got up the next morning he had a baby brother.   We're planning on asking the same friend to come over again, as the boys adore her. I hope to have...
I have big babies and I love a wrap carrier for about the first 4-5 months. I wear them pretty much all the time at that point.   I also have an Ergo, which is great once they get a little bigger and heavier. I wore DS1 in the Ergo until just a few weeks before DS2 was born. DS2 doesn't care to be as restricted as DS1 did, and hasn't really liked being worn much since he was about 10 months or so. He'd rather be with his big brother than attached to me. So I also...
Trisha, that looks like the same one we've bought. We haven't tried it yet as we were waiting to get to 20 weeks, and I'm just shy of 19 weeks right now.
A share of a lamb for the freezer sounds like a great gift.   We usually just get a check from my in-laws. DH's whole family are really not gift givers in any shape or form, while my family are BIG into gifts. Fortunately being 5000 miles and an ocean away helps to contain the excesses of my family, as everything has to be shipped between us.   DH & I don't do much for gift exchanges at Christmas, other than some stocking stuffers. We're the pragmatic, if we need...
So far I haven't had any prenatal care with this one. We've been patiently waiting until 20 weeks to start trying to use the fetal stethoscope.   I'm really hoping and praying I can get away with just a quick check on the baby in a couple of weeks to make sure the drugs I've had this past week haven't done any harm, then get back to my UP/UC freebirth journey. Its been so wonderful to not be checked and prodded so far, and I've never had OB prenatal care and really...