or Connect

Posts by Lynann

Bumping this thread for Judy, and updating on my own journey.   Looks like at least the UP part is out for us. I got a bad rash last week that looked like it might be Chicken Pox so went to urgent care. The dr there couldn't tell so he sent me to a dermatologist. Its not CP, but the dermatologist thinks its a photosensitive rash, and strongly suspects that Lupus may be the cause. I've been given some meds for immediate treatment, but now I'm going to have to get...
There is another unassisted thread a little ways down, I'll go and bump it for you.   Glad to have you join us Judy
So much to catch up on here.   The last week has been a whirlwind around here. Tuesday last week I started to get a rash, by Wednesday it was beginning to look like it might be Chicken Pox, so we went to Urgent Care (I don't have any care provider right now), but the doctor there couldn't confirm it, so I was referred to a dermatologist. I couldn't get an appointment until Friday, so we didn't know what it was that whole time. By Friday it was pretty bad, but only on...
I'm not using a care provider this time, but with DS2 I was consistently ahead by 2-3 weeks, and had a healthy 9lb7oz baby.
I'm with AnthemBCBS out of Ohio (Company HQ for where DH works) with a high PPO, so they should have paid 100% of maternity costs in network, in reality they pay just under $2000, and the rest fell on us.   Loogiejane it would be worth trying to talk to someone in HR to find out if there is a clause in your maternity coverage, as at least that way you'll know where you stand. We can download a full copy of our coverage, so you might be able to do that and look for...
Katie, we're planning on getting a mini-van too, since this is baby #3 for us (and we hope for a few more too) and so far after asking around all my mama friends with vans the Honda seems to be the most popular, although the Toyota comes a close second. So once we are ready to buy (saving up right now so we can pay cash) we will be getting either one since they are both really well liked. We'll make our final decision based on what we can get for the money we have to...
I'm definitely being kicked regularly now (17wk 3d), but I am concerned by just how far over and high I'm feeling the baby. At this point my fundus shouldn't be as high as my belly button yet, but I'm feeling movement above that and as far over as my hip. Either there is a lot of room in there because its my 4th pregnancy in just over 3 years, or I'm beginning to think there might be more than 1 in there. I know I'm totally sure of my dates as I was charting, so what...
Loogiejane, I would contact your insurance company directly and keep going up the chain until they send you a letter approving your home birth. Insurance companies can be very stressful to deal with, but the sooner it gets sorted the sooner you can relax about that. I live in Florida, where it is law that insurance companies have to approve out of network providers IF they don't have a network provider within 30 miles that offers the same service. My network has NO home...
Its pretty normal.   I get more and more laid back with each child. Really there isn't a whole lot for me to prepare this time. The only thing we NEED is a bigger vehicle, which we're saving up for, and we have all the baby "stuff" we'll ever need and then some.   I will launder all the clothes and diapers, but not until about a month before I'm due, and same goes with setting up the bassinet beside my bed etc, so for now it isn't like I'm falling behind. Saying...
My appetite is also variable. I had been up 12lb, but in the last couple of weeks its gone back down by 3lb, but I think that's just me loosing some of the extra bloat from the first trimester. I do tend to gain weight quickly in the first half of pregnancy then not gain as much in the second half, so I'm content to be up 9lb total from my pre-pregnancy weight. As for pregnant sex. All I can say is both of us love, love, love pregnant sex. DH finds my curves a real turn...