or Connect

Posts by babymama_nursing

For anyone looking to keep baby from rolling off the bed while sleeping, we use a dex bed rail. Our mattress is on the floor now that we have a little guy who likes to climb on and off the bed. But while sleeping, this bed rail keeps him from rolling out of my side.
I read a lot and I think a lot. Then I do what feels right. My instincts are so strong in parenting that it can be hard to do something that goes against your inner feelings. Guilt should be the last thing we listen to! Yet it is everywhere telling us we are not doing enough or doing it right. I never set out to share a bed when I had my daughter. I read a great book about sleep patterns and thought, my baby deserves her own space to sleep. We need a crib. That was great...
I love knowing everyone is out there feeding and nursing their adorable babes in what is, to me, the best way possible. Keep adventuring, everyone!
I had to go through IVF to get pregnant with my daughter and again with my son. I had awful, horrible, miserable pregnancies, the second worse than the first. When my son was 9 months old, I discovered I was pregnant. Immediately began feeling SICK and dreading a pregnancy, most of all my certain inability to nurse and parent my baby in arms in the way I want to. I wanted to be excited about becoming pregnant on my own with the baby who beat the odds, but all I felt was...
This was so interesting to me, as I was always curious about death as a child. Whenever we passed a cemetery I would ask lots of questions about what happens after you are put in the ground. This was before kindergarten. My mom would eventually become uncomfortable after the first dozen questions and eventually stopped driving down that particular road. I maintained this interest as I later studied the Bermuda Triangle, the holocaust, and the titanic in school during...
Here's where we are in the process. I did my 2nd try at IVF as a frozen cycle with no meds, putting 3 blastocysts in back in 2007. 2 of them were good, one was a little less developed, but it was explained to me that the presence of each would up the likelihood that at least one would take. Voila! It did! My daughter was born in 2008. My daughter is healthy, beautiful, and the greatest blessing in my life. She is now 2 years old and still nurses a few times a...
I'm really glad to have found this thread while googling breastfeeding and IVF. I had always thought that I couldn't do one until I was finished with the other. Some of the threads I have found on here have been such a godsend! Some of the resources I have come across are below. For those who are considering IVF while breastfeeding, or IUI, or any medications at all, consider visiting Dr. Thomas Hale's website for medical providers. It lists specific medications...