or Connect

Posts by konayossie

Big hugs, mama! High needs babies are SO ROUGH! Do a search on MDC for high needs babies and you'll find tons of threads that will make you feel better to see it's not you--it's the HN. I'm glad you found the dr. Sears HN list. Have you got his Fussy Baby Book? It's all about HN babies and has tricks to try. I found it when DS was about 18 mos and not too bad anymore, but it made me cry reading it bc it really hits the mark and will make you feel so much better if you're...
My first one was super high-needs. Really, I still have a lot of residual tension left from it. He got a lot better after about 5 months, and the more he was able to do things for himself (achieving mobility) the better he got. He's still A LOT of work at 2.5, but my life is easier now with him and the newbie than it was at even 18 mos with just DS1. Nothing has even been close to as bad as it was during those first few months. When I made a photo book of DS1's first 6...
Yah! I was told I couldn't birth vaginally because of an extremely prominent sacral promontory, and i just proved the HCPs who told me that wrong in Oct!
I was also told that I'd never birth vaginally after DS, who was a tiny little, not quite 5-lber. The OB found an physical abnormality when she did the cs that she said had caused his arrested descent. My CNM said, "You can try for a VBAC, but it's not going to happen--it's just not physically possible." well, I just had a completely uneventful VBAC in Oct! So now I definitely believe that if a woman wants to try again and there's no medical contraindications, she should...
I worried about this a lot before my VBAC a couple months ago. I had thought maybe I'd rent a Doppler for peace of mind in staying home as long as possible. I ended up just going in when I felt like I was hitting the point of not being able to ride contrax smoothly during the triage period (it's such a pita). I only had about a 15-min ride to the hospital, which wasn't bad at all. I really wasn't even in pain yet when we went. I would NOT have wanted to do transition in...
I'd call your HCP just to be sure it's pp-weirdness and not possibly anything to do with your uterus. I wouldn't want to take any chances with anything being funky after the rupture. Hopefully it's nothing!
Although I believe the opportunity for a vaginal birth with a frank breech baby should be an option for moms who want it, please know that all breech positions are not equal. The chances for something going terribly wrong with a footling breech are so much higher. I fully support home birthing and vaginal birth of breech babes when the benefits outweigh the risks, but being careful with breech babes is on my mind right now as just last week a homebirther in my area lost...
I made a one-time donation of what I had left in my freezer supply when I finished pumping. A couple who were adopting a newborn from my state but located across the country took it. It made me feel really good to do something worthwhile with it. My colostrum milk was the first nourishment the baby got!
I got mine last week. At 5 weeks pp. In spite of nursing on demand, cosleeping, and not having been separated from baby at all. At least this time I was expecting it, but i feel your pain!
DS1 was a car hater and I think DS2 is trending that way. Moving to a convertible also helped DS1, tho the huge difference came when we could forward face him. I'm afraid it's gonna be a long 2 years...