or Connect

Posts by konayossie

I'm aware of ACOG's guidelines that agree, but the ad is from the MOD toolkit and paid for by Ok's Dept of Health...
Just wanted to add that you might want to hold off on the swing till you find out if your LO likes it. We registered for and received a nice, full-size swing (that only went back and forth), and DS never spent more than 10 minutes (collectively) in it in his life. We did discover that he liked the papsan swing that laid completely back and swung side to side, though, and ended up purchasing one of those later. I'd see if you can borrow one to try first before...
Great news about the new midwife, wombat--that's awesome! Hope the test results are good when they get to them.
Did you pass your GTT, wombatclay? Mine is scheduled for next Fri. Your experience sounds miserable--I am soooo NOT taking DS to that appointment!    
One problem with the cheapy bras from walmart/target is that they don't come in the "weird" sizes. Normally I would totally agree with you about not buying an expensive bra--before having DS I was able to find all the fairly nice bras I wanted on sale at Kohl's or Penny's for under $10 each. I had LOTS of fun bras. Then I started nursing and my shape totally changed. Now I need a 32F. There's nothing even remotely close to that size at one of the cheap stores (where the...
No organization was mentioned in the ad except the OK State Dept of Health.   I believe they got a grant--I saw it mentioned in the Science & Sensibility blog a while back (http://www.scienceandsensibility.org/?p=2809). I clicked on the link in S&S, and it links to an OU Children's Hospital page that says they've launched a statewide "Every Week Counts Collaborative to end elective deliveries prior to 39 weeks" and that it's "An Initiative of the Oklahoma State...
Would anyone share their email or letter text? I want to write the reps in my state, but I am feeling really lazy.
I LOVE my Bravado Bliss bras! They have lightly molded cups, so they do offer a bit of coverage (I also hated all the super-thing bras, though I didn't have to continue with nursing pads past 3 mos). I can't say how much different the Bliss is than the cheapo MOtherhood Maternity bras I wore for the first year. SO MUCH BETTER. It's comfortable enough I am still wearing them now, even though DS pretty much only nurses at sleep time and I don't need to.   I recommend...
I just saw an ad on TV about the importance of letting your baby gestate to full, full-term. They specifically said, "you're putting your baby in danger when you schedule an early induction or cesarean--let your baby grow for at least 40 weeks!" I was floored, but am really happy! It was sponsored by our state's dept of health, so I'm guessing they aren't playing everywhere. I'm glad we're doing something to turn the tide of early elective inductions & c/s. Hopefully it...
I basically lost no weight after the first week or so pp until DS was over a year old. It was SOOO frustrating! My other mama friends had talked about how breastfeeding just melted the weight off of them, but it didn't for me. I was afraid I was gonna be one of those "must wean to lose weight" ladies, but sometime when DS was around 15 months, I realized I could fit in my prepreg clothes again and eventually I got down about 7 lbs or so below my pre-preg weight (and I...