or Connect

Posts by konayossie

Since I don't think anyone has suggested it, I'll throw out a couple of possibilities that I think contributed to my own experience of awful, toe-curling pain for the first several months of BFing. This assuming that you're not having cracked, bleeding nipples and that they don't look deformed after a session (which would indicate latch problems)....   1. Small mouth--apparently some babies have really small mouths, which can be quite painful for mama. I have read...
Ugh, 3 of my state's reps voted yes. Sadly, I'm not surprised. I will write them and complain.
I started a thread in this forum just a couple weeks ago asking the same thing. The only suggestion I got that actually seemed to have smaller than 2T was Hannah Anderson (sorry, no link--I'm sure you can Google it). The poster said she'd had really good luck with them, but I decided they were just too pricey for our budget. I got 2Ts for DS, and although they won't actually contain any #2 accidents (major leg gaps), they will stay on DS's waist.
I'm no expert, so take that for what it's worth, just a mama who had a baby that DEMANDED to sleep with me at all times. DH & I have a pillowtop, and I believe DS and I moved back into the pillowtop bed when he was around 4-5 months. I think I felt ok about it b/c he was very physically developed and could roll from front-to-back or back-to-front, even on soft surfaces--he could sit up assisted by 4 mos and unassisted at 5 mos. I think the main concern with pillowtops is...
Thanks for the responses, all. I'm glad to know it all sounds normal.   To-fu, DS is not what I'd call a heavy sleeper--he wakes up at the slightest noise/movement, whatever, if he's at that light stage of sleep. It's frustrating b/c I pretty much wake him up every time I get out of bed to use the bathroom (I'm 26 weeks pregnant). But yeah, I think that in-between sleep-wake stage is really hard for him. He just almost never wakes up happy, which bothers me b/c he's...
I'm sorry you had such a rough labor experience, mama. And the Bell's Palsy sounds awful--even though it's supposed to be basically a benign condition that will clear up, it would just make everything that much more difficult.   Like some of the other posters, I had a similar story to yours (minus being a yoga instructor :-). Very educated, very ready, looking forward to the whole experience, but everything went to pot, and I ended up needing an emergent c/s after...
You're in good company. There are lots of us for whom AF comes right back despite constant BFing. But it sucks--I agree!
Mama, my DS is only 26 months old right now, so I can't say for sure, but I am guessing he's going to be a lot like your sis's DS at 3 b/c he's A LOT like that now, and I can assure you I am also a very attached parent. We're still bfing (through pregnancy) and cosleeping, babywearing, all that jazz. Just b/c you do the AP things doesn't guarantee that you're going to get a mellow, placid child who loves to share and is never rough. I think there are plenty of parents of...
Thanks for the kind words, and you're definitely so right about people trying to be careful they not to assume you're pregnant when you're not. I think it just bugs me that people are genuinely shocked when they hear I'm pregnant. For instance, I was teaching a class the other day and said something about it, and one of my students said later that she had just been thinking that I looked so nice and trim and had clearly lost all my baby weight (I had her in class during...
This is just a vent looking for company.   I am pushing 26 weeks, and people who don't know I'm pregnant have no idea. The people who know are all like, "Where are you hiding the baby?" I am 5' 4" and was a size 8 pre-pregnancy so it's not like there's that much fluff or height to hide it.   I didn't show with my first pregnancy much at all. When I was in the hospital in labor (at 38+4) the L&D nurses were like, "Ummm.......how far along are you??" I think I...