or Connect

Posts by konayossie

My guess is it's probably the pap. I keep being told pregnancy makes your cervix extremely vascular (I've had spotting throughout this pregnancy, most recently from--wait for it, WALKING a lot *gasp*). I don't know how long it takes for that to subside, but I'd go with pap disturbing your cervix as a first guess.   Your period can return at any time, though, even with breastfeeding on demand and cosleeping. Mine came back at 6 weeks pp.
Mama, those sound like super-rough experiences! I am glad you're ready to start looking for answers--I really think it helps. I had a long, difficult labor that ultimately ended in c/s for failure to descend & fetal distress (actually sounded a lot like your second labor). Some questions for you--   on the posterior baby--did you try any of the spinning babies stuff for optimal positions (to get your baby into a better position prior to labor or during labor? I know...
I got these Keen (http://www.zappos.com/keen-whisper-sweet-grape-neutral-grey) sandals in May, and I've been living in and loving them. I find them very supportive, and I've got pretty funky feet anyway--they are pronated and in athletic shoes I wear a prescription orthotic. These sandals aren't slip on though--but you just stick your foot in and grab the back to get them on. I like them b/c they have the breathability of the flipflops, only you can walk in them for...
Thanks for the many suggestions, Wombatclay. Penny Simkin's The Birth Partner was actually one of my fav books from last time (even though I bought it for DH??). If it hadn't been for that book, I would have known little to nothing about many of the interventions we ended up using to try to avoid a c/s (I never heard of amnio-infusion till her....). I will def. check out the Labor Progress Handbook. I will also check out the ICAN forums. I read a bit over there every now...
Personally, I would ONLY do private cord blood banking if I had an older child who had a disease that could be cured (at this point) with the stem cells. There's a good post on it at Science & Sensibility (http://www.scienceandsensibility.org/?tag=nicholas-fogelson). Dr. Fogelson (of Academic OBGYN blog) has a great podcast where he talks about private cord blood banking and basically concludes it's totally pointless for most people who do it. He's a major supporter of...
My lil guy is the same way (though only 26 mos). He's never been into toys unless someone else will play with him with them (and even then he's not so much into the "toy" part of it). I also think it's b/c DS is a super-extrovert. I am majorly introverted and definitely miss my "alone" time. I'm taking the same approach everyone else has mentioned--lots of out-of-the-house interaction/stimulation. He's definitely more willing to play by himself when he's been around...
No mama experience here, but I was the little girl with a long, thick head of hair who hated having it washed. I was absolutely terrified of water getting in my face--like we're talking I only took baths (no showers) till I was like 12.... My mom used to wash my hair in the kitchen sink. She'd have me lay down on the countertop with a towel up there for padding and just put my hair in. No chance of it getting in your face. Not sure if that'd help your DD or not. I know...
DS is 26 mos, and he just really has gotten into hand-holding in the last few months. He's walked well since he was 12 mos, but he would generally prefer to be carried/worn when we were out in crowds, streets, etc until very recently. Now he likes to walk and hold hands (especially with two people). Previous to 20 months if I tried to hold his hand, it was just me holding his limp hand/wrist and pulling. He didn't get the point at all.
Yeah, DH and I were talking about this last night, trying to figure out how docs end up saying such awful (and ridiculous) things to women like in danalyn's case (I read him the OP). My guess is that they have just been taught generically that "the risk increases after 40 weeks" (without every looking at the studies themselves) and then I figure if they've ever had a case of unexplained late term FD in one of their patients, they become complete supporters of "get 'em out...
Thanks for the reading suggestions, ladies. I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth at Christmas break this year (skipping the birth stories, too, Bignerpie, LOL). I may check out BFW--I have always heard a lot about it, but I did (will do again) Hynobabies last time, and BFW was specifically not on their reading list b/c I assume it talks about pain being an important part of the laboring process? IDK--I will probably break the rules and read it. Anyone read the book...