or Connect

Posts by konayossie

What a good idea. I checked out the app but didn't purchase bc I realized I could just make an audio recording of my own baby crying to play from my phone. Free--and may work better since it's my own baby!
You are superwoman!!! I haven't weaned ds1 yet, but I can understand having mixed feelings if I were completely done. You've done an amazing job providing the best food you could give your children!!
That's awful--good for you for reporting them! Care to share the name of the doc/practice? I'm in OK, too.
I just got mine (not baby's) and it was about $45. I agree op report is most impt but I also liked seeing the nurses notes from my marathon labor. It was amazing how much of it was wrong/off...
Thanks for the Spinning Babies Workbook review, bignerpie. I may look into it was this new LO seems to flip a lot more than DS1 did.   I had to do the GTT today. Is it normal to be told "no water" after drinking the nasty glucola? I had brought a big ice water with me to drink while waiting, and the woman who gave me the glucola told me absolutely not....that it would dilute the sugared stuff. Just thought it was strange--no one told me that last time.   I also...
Sage advice--I was just talking to my CNM today about my plan to make contingency c/s "birthplan" in case we end up there. May I ask why the spinal instead of epidural? I'm curious b/c one of my big regrets with DS#1 was that I pretty much passed out as soon as they rolled me to recovery and slept for about 15 hours, so I have no memories of DS from about 20 mins after he was born. I barely held him before I fell asleep, much less nursed. My issue wasn't the epi so much...
Hugs, mama! You sound so very tired! I resonated with so much of your post, esp the laying frozen in bed part. You pretty much described my DS at that age, minus the tantrums. 1. I think the suggestion of only nursing in certain times/places sounds really good. 2. Is there any way you can get some nighttime help so you could catch up on your sleep? I know what 19 mos of 2-3 hr stretches of sleep does to a woman and it's not good. My DS could actually make it ok thru the...
I am a couple weeks behind you in pregnancy and have been dry for quite a while now too. My DS is older (26 mos), but I started offering a drink and food during his night wakeups and he's stopped asking for "boo boos" during the night tho we still nurse as part of his night routine. I was super surprised at how easily he gave it up--i think bc he was just comfort sucking anyway it was easier. I'd definitely try the pop-off method if your Lo will tolerate it. I say whatever...
#1: 17 weeks #2: 13 weeks tiny (am I crazy?)movements-- by 16 weeks punches! Definitely possible IMO!
Acidic foods really cause mine to act up, but I also get it bad at this pt (26 weeks) if my stomach is empty. I was taking lots of Tums, but it was getting bad enough I switched to ranitidine (generic Zantac) once a day and that keeps it pretty well controlled.