or Connect

Posts by single_cj

LOL!  Silly, isn't it??  STBX (I guess) & I have lived apart for about 4 months now, but nothing permanent has been decided and nothing legal has been done (I need to find work/insurance first!).  We're still friendly, he's come down several times to see the little ones and so forth.   He shocked me the last time he was down by not having his wedding band on; I felt so angry & disrespected and it was a complete surprise.  We're still married, not even legally...
Lord, I hope these are normal feelings because that original post could have been written by me...  STBX & I have tried & tried & tried, but we just make each other unhappy because we're SO different and have such different wants from life.  I hate the thought of being away from my kids for more than a few hours so I can't even bring myself to think about being away from them for  a week more more at a whack (STBX is 1000+ miles away).  :(  I think a lot of it is because...
Quote: Originally Posted by herbalshakti ...Its just so heartbreaking, I poured so much of my love into us. Women sacrifice so much for there families and I just feel sad about it like its somehow wasted, discarded..its really a sad piece for me right now. I went from attached parent to "oh my god im alone" and its easy to feel so alone, like you've somehow locked your self away... I know, I know... I go through these feelings, too, but...
Are we married to the same man??? That's exactly how my STBX was; always on his "best behaviour" when in public or when people were over but then very temperamental when it was "just" us. My final straw was a combination of him calling our 12 month old "stupid" and then throwing & breaking a special brush that our DD had picked out with my mother (who lived 1000+ miles away) because she was complaining that he was hurting her while he was brushing her hair. And,...
Have you guys ever considered therapy or couples counseling? Sounds like there's a lot of mis-communication and misunderstanding going on... I hope you guys can figure out a way to get through it!
Some states recognize "legal" separation, some don't. I know where we are doesn't really recognize it as legal - we can file the paperwork ourselves based on an agreement between us, but they may not enforce it. As for him just leaving, no, I don't think that makes you legally separated. I've been away from home for 6+ months & we're not. *bleh* You can look online for forms to download for separation; that's what I'm doing for the interim. Best wishes!!
Hi!! DH & I are physically, but not legally, separated and I've been living with my parents and children for the last few months (about 1000 miles away from STBX). The job market down here (in GA) is crappy and I'm having a hard time finding work. I'm either "overqualified" for the lower income jobs or for the higher pay jobs (like what I was doing before I had kids) don't want to take a chance on a women who hasn't worked in almost 5 years (SAHM). ANYWAY, assuming...
Congratulations on doing so well for yourself & your family!!
So, 5 months ago I started the Couch to 5K program... I could barely run 90 seconds without feeling like I was going to drop dead. Well, today, Mamas, I ran my very first 5K road race! My time was just over 32 minutes; not too shabby! It felt SO GOOD to do something SO GOOD for myself. My parents were watching the kids and, honestly, I didn't think about them once during my run... Sounds awful, I know, but it was such a beautiful course and it was so...
No help here, I just wanted to wish you good luck!!