or Connect

Posts by Leilalu

thanks! He doesn't seem to show any symptoms, so it's hard to tell.
So I am not one to "push" meals on kids. Depending on my mood, there may or may not be a "take it or leave it" attitude, and I usually give in to healthy snacks if they really have an issue with slimy onions or spices they don't care for. But recently my kids seem to have a serious aversion to eggs, particularly my 6 year old boy. Could this be a sign of an allergy, or is he just being picky? I guess I could go get us all tested for sensitivities and allergies, but...
I agree! Don't some people use raw milk to do cleansing diets anyway? Not saying a toddler needs a cleansing diet, but  raw milk seems like one food you shouldn't really have to worry about, if she seems healthy.  My toddler also loves his milk and ezekiel bread. Not sure if this is the best for him, but he is so picky right now that I find it impossible just to get him to eat! Besides, I recall hearing about Weston Price and his findings in a Swiss village and didn't the...
Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. We just moved and we are doing a slow move so I just got my computer set up in a good spot and everything:) I am having fun reading up on what I missed.   I finally saw the doctor. I need to schedule an official ultrasound, but I had a quick one with the doctor and I at least saw the baby! We had to to find the heartbeat, but it turns out my placenta is anterior so go figure.I will find out soon what my exact due date it. I felt a bit...
Milkimommi- that's awesome! I know I felt the same way when I started realizing the whole Tf thing. I was a veggie for years, and my first 2 pregnancies I was still sort of...but they were hard. My last 2 I was totally into Tf and they were soooo much easier.   ok, all of these cocoa recipes sound awesome! And similar to when we make ours, though I always make it slightly different depending on my mood:) We also have a bialetti cocoa maker so it really helps cut down...
  I totally understand this point. And in retrospect, maybe I should offer it up next time. It's just that I am so used to it myself I often don't think to mention it.Plus, my inlaws switch diets all the time, and my MIL cooks lamb and chicken on occasion though she claims to be vegetarian so I never really know with her, and she doesn't mind eating stock. It actually doesn't really even come to mind until after people have eaten and I realize I never even saw was the...
nice! I will have to see if there is a drop near me. We are on a drop for Dungeness Valley milk as it is.   I have been known to make vegetarians unknowingly eat stock at family gatherings. It's funny, people never question soup anymore because people are so used to pre-made stock mixes and using only water. It gives me way more joy than it should! lol!  I use stock in just about every soup I ever make(though again, no one ever thinks to ask!)- from curries, to beef...
  Rapadura is just a very non-processed form of sugar. The "molasses" part stays intact instead of them adding it back after.  Non-processed sugars in small amounts are actually pretty nutrient rich. I remember sucking on sugar cane on trips to South Africa and in El Salvador we used it to recover from heat stroke.
  ok, I am jealous about that leaf lard:) I need to find a local source but don't know where to look?   Sounds like you are doing pretty well!   I don't think the Rapunzel has powdered milk, I could be wrong...     We have been doing kefir here, I gave up on yogurt making for now and I occasionally make buttermilk or cream fraiche.   I know this sounds bad, but if I make my moka pot coffee twice a day, or even 3 times and just do less amounts, it helps stave the nausea....
I actually really like this one powdered cold milk mix from Rapunzel! I get it from Azurestandard.com, as I am on a drop. I don't use it often. And it doesn't last long in our house either and it's not cheap!lol   I could probably eat fried eggs with cheese and coconut oil all day long, it is really the one thing I always crave when pregnant and if I don't eat them in the morning, I feel awful!   I have been wanting to make some sort of coconut/nut butter cocoa...