or Connect

Posts by eatnobeef

Thanks for your thoughtful responses! I have to say it felt really good to just type the whole thing out--it was cathartic, for sure. Yesterday morning DP embraced me and said he realized he needs to, above all else, be supportive of me no matter what. That was nice to hear from him.   I have an appointment scheduled at Kaiser next week and we'll see how it goes. I just don't think I have it in me to try to work with any midwives at this point. In my heart I don't...
I am hoping to get some input from this community of women about my current conundrum: What would you do?   I am 31 weeks pregnant today and have all along planned for a homebirth. I am 36 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I have Kaiser HMO coverage and received all my early care at Kaiser until about 18 weeks or so when I transitioned my care to a private practice of homebirth midwives that came highly recommended in my community. Unfortunately, every time I...
Quote: Originally Posted by spughy There's always someone who takes constructive criticism too far, please don't let it bother you. And, I don't think it's realistic to think that you need to meet someone whose dreams mesh perfectly with yours, but I do think that you need to be able to have faith in your partner, and it sounds as if that may be lacking right now? Part of life, and success in life, is understanding when to yield for a time, when to let...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonR OK, your BF wants to be a rock star. How serious is he being in achieving this goal? I mean RIGHT NOW? Is he practicing hours every day, is he doing the really yuck work that has to be done to take off - trying to get gigs, trying to schmooze with other musicians... (OK, I don't know music industry, but I know fine arts, and believe me, it isn't all about sitting in a studio making pretty pictures - more than 50% of...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka My ex was never able to stop chasing his dreams (kid stuff. it involved touring around like a single guy, did not include a wife and kids.) I coerced him into marriage (I very in passionately said "listen. I want marriage and family and kinda quick. if you are not wanting that that is fine and all but I need to move on. the clock is clicking and I ma not backing down on this so either take me as I am or I am out of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move I understand. If it helps, I'm 45 and everything still works right if I wanted to have another child. I seriously considered it 2 years ago, at age 43 (which is the same age my MIL was when she had my husband). Couple of other thoughts -- although you say that you love this guy, you have no desire for his dreams to come true. You think his dreams are stupid and childish and that it will all be better...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilmom it's not too late, OP. Probably somewhere in your mind you are thinking, but if I break up with him, I'm taking that risk that I don't meet Mr. Wonderful who wants marriage and babies. But personally, I vote for breaking up, acknowledging that it was a good thing, you learned alot, but now it's time for a real, grownup relationship with a man who has your same goals, on the same timeline. I promise, there are lots...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenne Okay, I have a few thoughts... Some of the best man advice I ever heard was, "Pay no attention to what he says. Pay attention only to what he does." This also lets you off the hook for "reading into" what he is saying. So, I divorced at 30 after 3 years of marriage. Other than my ex was a verbally abusive UAV he also announced right around our 1 year anniversary that he had changed his mind and didn't want kids. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka Well that and the woman he was screwing for the last 7 years of out 15 year marriage. but she is the perfect non committal eternal girlfriend (never wants to be a mother and most likely won't get married) for his dream chasing.... Oh gosh...that is no good! Hope you are blessed with a grown-up man these days! I think I'll be out and looking for mine real soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka My ex was never able to stop chasing his dreams (kid stuff. it involved touring around like a single guy, did not include a wife and kids.) Which is why he is your EX