or Connect

Posts by nainai0585

When ods was 1 yr I purchased a Mei Tei from www.mothers-helper.ca b/c I was going camping and wanted to hike with him in a back carry.  That's when it all began.  Yds is only 4 months and I have already purchased 3 more carriers from the same woman as my Mei Tei..  1 custom made Ring Sling,  1 Solar Veil Ring Sling, and my latest addition, 1 Wrap.  I've gotta say I absolutely LOVE my slings and prefer them over the other 2, but both the Mei Tei and Wrap can do things...
Completely normal!  My LO is 4 months and has days where he goes every day, to every 3-4, to every 7-10 days.  The only time I would be concerned is if it went past 14 days.  And he was an everyday kind of guy up until 2 months of age.  Offer smaller more snack like meals and feed him even if he doesn't ask.  Twice in one hour for 3-5 mins is not unheard of in my home.  Just watch out when it does come, it'll be EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! And honestly I wouldn't change him the...
ds is 3 weeks old and bf is going well so far, but I want to know if this situation is normal and what could be causing it. ds is feed every 1.5 - 2hrs from 7am to midnight, but when 2:30/3am comes around, he'll feed every 30 minutes to one hour until 5/6:30am. I switch breasts at each feeding and he usually stays for 10-20 minutes at each breast. I do change him each feeding or every other feeding at night if he is really wet and he is falling right back to sleep while...
Not only do I handle raw meat throughout my pregnancy (I'm 41 weeks), I also feed my dogs a raw meat, organ, and bone diet as well several times throughout the week (which I have to prep, weigh, bag, freeze, thaw, and serve). It never occurred to me to be concerned about what I handled or did during my pregnancy. Then again I worked at a horse barn during the early parts of my pregnancy and was riding, mucking stalls, and lifting bales of hay and buckets of water...
My OB does do them but it is not covered at all. The parent(s) must pay up front to have it done. When my oldest ds was circ. 5 yrs ago I had to pay the OB $100 cash in the room (I stayed for the entire circ. process) and another $100 to the hospital. This time around when ds #2 is born (I'm just about 41 weeks now) I have to give the OB $163 up front and $113 to the hospital. This is all in Canadian funds. I fought dh at first when getting our oldest circ., and we...
My mom has been calling me EVERYDAY for the past 2 WEEKS at exactly 9:30am to see if the baby was born yet (I'm 39 weeks 4 Days). Saturday my 4 yr old was at his Jiu Jitsu class and she calls me on my cell (freaking out b/c I wasn't answering the land line ), making me leave the class (I didn't want to be rude to the other parents/students), then hangs up within 5 seconds saying that she was just checking. Then my younger sister (21 yrs) takes one look at me this past...
I work in a school based daycare and my personal views on "educational" and my supervisors are VERY different (ages of children are 4-12 yrs - no infants or toddlers). Take for example a simple craft (can be anything from finger painting to making a castle). My supervisor will have her assistant create EVERYTHING before hand, even how she wants the craft to look. All the child has to do is follow the example and duplicate, there is no cutting, just glue and draw the...
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc DD, to supermarket checker: Why is your hair that color? Supermarket checker: That's just the way God made it! DD (very matter-of-fact): There is no God. (We are agnostic/atheist, but have explained religion and God very nonjudgmentally and open-mindedly, I swear. DD apparently reached her own conclusion, though.) that just made my day. Man to be a fly on the wall to see the cashier's expression
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 Can I ask why a game boy is okay and a DS is not? To me a DS is very different from a game boy in the fact that a DS is SO easily broken, the stylis (I don't know if that's what its called) is lost constantly, the games are anywhere from $30-$60 each, and the screen is so easily destroyed. I know this from talking to parents and watching children play with them. Whereas a game boy is very heavily protected...
I did have this conversation with ds before posting, and he got really excited about filling up the jar for a DS. DH was able to find one of the really old used game boy systems with 1 game, and we're giving him that for his birthday (trade off with dh instead of the DS).