or Connect

Posts by Ramzubo

Quote:   Weddings as child-free parties are becoming more common. If you want to attend and have a night out without the kids then great, but if you're not interested or don't want to deal with finding a sitter then just decline. It's fine for them to exclude kids as long as they don't get upset when invited guest w/ kids decline.   I would not do the upstairs room thing because you and/or your dh would miss most of the wedding anyways so what's the point?
Well I think it's great that you're attempting to be respectful to their views , but I would second the just asking son/future DIL. I grew up in the south, lived in the Midwest for many years and have been to some pretty conservative weddings. There's always been someone tattooed, pink haired, or straight up dressed like a hooch. Very few families are homogeneous now-days. My sis is heavily tattooed and asked about covering hers up (mom tried to push that). I said no...
Well there's not much to the clip so I don't find it useful, but.....For my ds crying three hours throughout the day as a newborn would have been a good day. This was normal for him until he matured at around 2 months. I certainly responded to his crying and tried everything. Call it colic or sensory overload, but he just had to work through it on his own. It was a very difficult time and reading about moms (here on mdc) with similar experiences helped me a lot. The...
I don't think teaching your child to be friendly increases abduction risk. Most children spend little unsupervised time when really young. By the time they start spending more adult free time they are often old enough to have a talk about appropriateness with strangers. A man attempted to lure my younger sister and her friend into his car outside their elementary school. They were about 6 at the time, but knew to run away screaming back to school. A very similar story...
Quote: I would like a group too. I feel the same about Adalinemama's loss and complaining about something trivial. Her heartbreaking story is on my mind a lot and keeps me being thankful for my lo everyday. But I also have some little issues, especially as a first time mom, and would like to be able to discuss it with others whose babes are in the same age.
Quote: Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. Even the subtitle "why AP drives some mothers to EXTREMES" is clearly pushing AP as abnormal.
Pitch: I think the waiting to tell is really normal after a loss. I really didn't tell people (other than immediate family) until like 15 weeks! Thank goodness for mdc so I had somewhere to talk.   Sparrow: Don't worry about how long you have left. You're probably in my favorite time. Everyday I felt more and more going on in my belly, like I almost felt a little personality starting to emerge. I felt really good and getting all the baby stuff together was so fun (yay for...
  Ohhh that ticker definitely slows the closer to your due date!
Oh Birdie, I want to hear how the ecing goes! We are planning on trying  but I hear boys can be more difficult. I mean how do I avoid him peeing on everything?