or Connect

Posts by ShanaV

We have a queen with a sidecarred crib, and a baby or a mommy has to sleep on the crack. So I got the BB&B bed bridge and cut it short, to the length of the crib. BUt of course, there's no custom sheet to fit over the bed bridge, right? So I  just put the fitted sheets on my mattress and on the crib mattress. Lie the foam down, then take another flat sheet and lie it atop the foam + crib. A flat sheet folded in quarters covers the foam and most/all of the crib. So...
I also would try to use blankies to cover a bit.   But generally speaking, covers never worked for us. We got too hot. The babies pushed them off. Or they got distracted by the blankie rather than it keeping them focused. More of a pain that it was worth. So visitors got a show most of the time.
I'll share my experience with these items:   Two swings were necessary for us. If you have the space, do it. Buy them used off craigslist or borrow them, cus they're pricey new.   We had two bouncer seats given to us, but the babies didn't really like them. When they were small enough to fit in them they were at a stage where they hated being lied down (had to be held most of the time), then when they were ok being put down, they had pretty much outgrown them. But lots of...
36 w 4 d is really, really good! Believe me, you are fortunate to have had them inside for so long!  I mean, they may only be a couple of weeks (at most) behind in "normal" development.  Compared to my experience, I wish I could have had those six weeks of my life back -- mine came out at 30 w 5 d and came home at 37 w.   Don't stress. Keep up the good work! ((hugs))
Wow this thread is necro'd, but it seems the topic is still relevant.    My boys are 11 mos today, and I can tandem them lying down. One side-lying, and the other face down on top of me (tummy to tummy). One falls asleep, then the other, and I gingerly detach. I roll the top guy down to be on my side, so I am between two babies. I then either sneak away, or read or sleep in bed.   Now, if one is wakey, I will stick him in our side-carred crib that contains a few...
This is exactly what I did! Took many naps slouched on the couch with the babies on the brest friend pillow around my waist.  
Oh Mama, sounds stressful!    I would probably take both dr's opinions with a grain of salt. Neither of them spend 24 hours a day with your babies like you do. No one knows your babies better than you. Just follow your instincts and meet your girls' needs and they will do fine.    IME, if they sleep, let them sleep. I mean, you can try waking them up to feed them, but I don't know if it's necessary. I tried a few times to wake the second one up to feed him after...
My babies were born in May 2010, and by December the house was a total wreck because I had vacuumed like a total of two times, rarely did laundry, never dusted, etc etc. I've always been a really bad house-keeper, and it was made way, way worse by the babies.   My New Year's resolution was to get better at doing chores, so I made a list based loosely on the motivatedmoms.com schedule. I had 5 or 6 daily things to do, and then 7 or 8 weekly things to do (one a day)....
To the OP, you could sit him in a Bumbo seat or high chair and that would probably solve the sitting problem.
Agreeing with the pp's -- it's normal to nurse every 2 hours. I've got it times two! Side lying in bed is very comfortable. Just practice a bit and it will get easier.    I push all the blankets down around my legs and keep the baby up near the boobs. Sometimes I'll use just a sheet up to my waist level. Luckily I don't live in a very cold clime so it hasn't been an issue. You can put the baby in a swaddle, or a sleep sack, or what have you.