or Connect

Posts by ShanaV

I did what pp's have done. When they were teeny preemies they had to be swaddled constantly. We have a queen, and started out with an original size cosleeper. I would tandem them on the twin size brest friend pillow, then gently lie down one, then they other, as they fell into their solid sleep. Usually one would wake up during the transfer, so I would re-nurse him. Oh, also, the first 3 months or so I alternated nursing and bottles of pumped milk until we got good at...
Thank you so much for all of your replies! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a hoarder / messy / attached-to-his-stuff husband.   We have a man cave where most of his stuff goes. Problem is that I sometimes also use the man cave for tv and the couch. So I don't want it too gross in there. And his stuff still spills over into other areas like the bedroom, living room, etc etc.    In my case, he does have mild to moderate anxiety in many areas of his life (oy...
Gotta post some pics ... I was going to just post an early one and a recent one, but I kind of couldn't stop myself from adding more...    May 2010, a couple days old:     July 2010, constantly had to be swaddled for the first few months:   August, 2010, a little "Charlie bit my finger" moment:   October 2010, about when they were first discovering each other:   January 2011, all dressed up!   St. Patrick's Day:
Hi Mamas, I'm Shana and I had Anthony and Vincent on 5.21.10 at 30 w 5 d. They were 3-2 and 3-5 respectively when born. A is 5 minutes older (big bro!) They are identical (got the DNA test done), but were di-di. So they are 10 mos old now, 8 mos adjusted. They discovered each other around 5 mos (3 adjusted). They would sort of grab at each others shirts or bibs. Before that they were totally oblivious. They'd whack each other in the face with their flaily arms and not...
Also a former lawyer turned sahm here. Yay! Babies are SO much more fun than lawyerin'. I never worked in biglaw like you did. I had a very flexible PT job that would have been great if I had school age kids (Mon-Th 10a to 4pm) at a very small firm. I wasnt sure what i would do -- I wanted to stay home, but also didnt want to waste my education and loans.... But as soon as the babies were born, I knew I couldn't go back. No way. So I had to say "Sorry, Boss, but that...
Seriously! How do you deal, and successfully declutter, when your dh, dp, or other family member / housemate hoards? My dh is a hoarder, and I am the only reason he doesn't have his own tv show on TLC. He loves his stuff. I can keep him in check most of the time, for example, I've stopped the trips to used bookstores (oh god), but still. How can you get rid of stuff when (1) he's so hard to convince to let go of anything (even though he knows he has a problem), (2)...
It sucks that you've had such a tough time! Maybe take the route of "it'll happen if it happens" and try not to worry about it so much. Easier said than done, though, right? I know it's so hard to not fret. But I find that's how things work -- as soon as I stop obsessing over something, it falls into place.    Maybe try some Clomid, if you haven't already? It sounds like you would really like to have a second.   It's totally possible to get pregnant again even...
Definitely experiment with it! If it doesn't work, try something else! I find that with the baby(ies) sleeping right next to me I can tend to them right away, so they don't even need to make much noise. Might be the same for you. As soon as the baby starts rustling around I insert a boob, and we both go back to sleep. So there may be even LESS noise to wake up your DH.    We started out with a cosleeper, but I hardly used it because I still had to hoist the baby up...
I hear ya. Napping the first few months was awful. I literally spent all day trying to get the kids to fall asleep. What I needed was the fisherprice papasan swings. I waited till they were four months old to get them, also because I thought it wasn't very AP, but I should have done it way sooner! Get them off craigslist or used somehow, cus they're way expensive new. I would also swaddle and paci them up, then lie them next to each other on their backs, then scoop them...
I can relate. With twins we knew we didn't want gimmicky names. I knew I'd want one to be Vincent since our last name starts with V. But there wasn't another V name that we loved. We ended up picking Anthony about 2 hours before they were born. Good names, right?! Little did we know that everybody in the world would think we gave them mafia names! Jeez, people! They're good, strong, masculine names! Every single time I tell someone their names I get "oh are you Italian?"...