or Connect

Posts by ShanaV

My babies cried all through their dipey changes for more than a couple months. I think it is just something they grow out of. I would just try to make it as quick as possible. And overnight I wouldn't bother changing pee pee diapers, only poopy ones (unless the pee sprung leak, of course) just to reduce the nighttime interruptions.
 I saw this episode too and I was shocked SHOCKED at the nurse telling her not to push cus the doctor wasn't there yet. GAH!! This show infuriates me all the time!
I know I'm late to the party, but MAN this dude Dr. Hux, who is in like every other episode, is the king of c sections, as well as inductions leading to c sections. He's gotta make a cut (pun intended) every time he does a c/s. In one ep, seriously, she was in labor for like 7 hours (after an induction of course), and he was counseling her about how LONG it's been, how shes not progressing FAST enough, and we need to get this baby OUT (there was no real or imagined...
I went thru 24 hrs of labor without, then right before it was time to push I weighed the risks and decided to get one. An hour later both babies were born. Turns out I totally could have gone without it bc Baby B didn't flip, decelerate or anything. He slid right out 5 mins after baby A. Oh well. Knowing my luck it would have all gone south if I had not gotten it.
Agree with all of the above. I've found that the first few weeks/months -- the "fourth trimester" -- are far different than what follows. It got easier for me, probably around 5 months, when I could tell the difference between cries. And don't worry, it's not like you become immune to it, you just understand it better, and you can do the necessary things realizing that your baby is going to be OK. For us, being put into the carseat sometimes elicits some cries, but I...
Wow, so heartbreaking!!   First off, do you have experience working with other families with multiples? We have a family friend who is a night nanny for multiples, and we have gone to her for a lot of advice. She turns out to be far more mainstream than I am, but still, she is very good with babies, really helped encourage me with BFing, and does have a lot of experience.   It might be that you have to "show" rather than "tell." Like, do something with the baby,...
I had the same problems when my little guys came home. Doing a mix of nursing with shield, practicing without a shield, pumping, giving bottles of fresh milk, adding some to the freezer.... it was so exhausting, but all of it was necessary. I also ran into the problem you mentioned -- pumping, they drink it all, and are still hungry, but there isn't much left in the ol' boobs. Ugh! I don't know if I have good advice because you never know when they're going to want what....
Wearing both in the Moby saved me some sanity while they were tiny.    And yes, swings! I didn't get swings till they were about 4 months old -- I waited WAY too long. Swaddle, soothie, gently rock into the swing -- at least one would make the transfer to the swing successfully. Then I could put the second to sleep with more time to do the swing transfer, or put myself to sleep.    Didn't get easier for me until about 3.5 or 4 months also, when they "woke up."...
And yes, my shoulders get very tired! But it's worth it to keep them both happy for a while.   It makes me remember that I HATED wearing backpacks as a kid. Totally killed my shoulders and neck. But carrying the babies like this is simply a necessity. Hopefully I will get stronger / more used to it as time goes on!
While tiny: both in the Moby:       Now larger: in the Mommy Sandwich (This is a Beco butterfly on the back and Babyhawk on the front. I was just testing it out. I purchased and use 2 babyhawks now.)