or Connect

Posts by nilatti

I have a jogging stroller. My dad bought it for us--we probably wouldn't have, but we like it. Since he's a bike nut, he bought us a Schwinn. It's fine. It has a few features that I think are ludicrous, like a speaker by the baby so you can hook your ipod up and play music near his head...   The only thing I don't like is that it has a fixed front wheel, so you have to pop a wheelie to turn the thing. My friend has one (don't remember what brand. BOB maybe?) that has a...
My daughter (18 months) was pretty clearly dehydrated recently, as my milk supply is fading and she rarely is willing to drink from a sippy or a bottle. I managed to convince her to take some Pedialyte popsicles. Pedialyte isn't the greatest thing, but it helped rehydrate her quickly and then when she was feeling better, she was more willing to accept the sippy.
 Yes. OMG Yes he is just like that. He has a stubborn streak a mile wide and gets it honestly, from both sides.  Well, I was that child, and I remember it pretty clearly. I would get just furious when my dad would offer me a choice to distract me from what he was requiring me to do by pretending that I thought it mattered what coat I wore. When I try it on my son, maybe my heart isn't in it. Mostly, I'd say it's a question of battles-picking. Getting buckled in the car...
Thanks for the feedback everyone. True to form, like six hours after I posted this, he was begging to go outside. :)   He's one of those people...giving him choices honestly doesn't work with him. Since he was barely verbal, he's just seen right through it. If I ask, "Do you want to go to the creek or the woods," he really will just say, "I do NOT want to go outside." Likewise if I say "We are going outside in five minutes." Just flat refusal.   I wonder if it might be...
So, I live in a beautiful, unbelievably idyllic piece of land. I mean, seriously, we live on the back corner of someone's dairy farm, over a mile from the paved road and at least 1/4 mile from any other houses. We have chickens. We garden. We have a sandbox and a creek. We might get a goat. It's very safe and lovely. Our house is suuuper tiny, which is fine because we have so much outside space. And now, after an interminable winter, it is SPRING THANK YOU GOD. My...
I'm reading this amazing book right now, called Bedtiming. One thing that it spends a lot of time on is that there are certain stages in a baby's life when he/she tends to be more emotionally stable and ready to be apart from the mama (or primary caregiver). They go back and forth every few months. 17-21 months old is one of the worst times to initiate unnecessary separation (according to the authors of this book, anyway). That sounds about right, based on what I remember...
Oh goodness, I had it so bad! I'm sorry. It does get better...
DH caught both of ours and says they were among the most meaningful experiences of his life. I wanted to catch #2, but couldn't do it in the moment.
I put my baby in a carrier when I vacuum, although that's suboptimal. I've found that the white noise of the vacuum cleaner doesn't wake my kids up, generally, if they're napping. I vote that you try it, knowing that you might sacrifice one nap to the vacuum monster.
I have had ZERO libido while pregnant or nursing, but I remember that it came back when I weaned baby #1 (and then, almost immediately, got pregnant again!)