or Connect

Posts by nilatti

Things are...kind of slow. I had all these big plans for the summer, and they really haven't come together. I don't know if you guys would have heard about the crazy storm we had in the eastern US several weeks ago, but we had 90 mph winds. It was wild. Now, most of our spare time is cutting up brush and hauling wood out into the forest to rot. No time for our big plans!    It's been nice to take it slow, but I'm also wishing time would speed through the next two...
I see that it's been a couple of years since you posted this, and I was wondering what, if anything, ever ended up working. Your son sounds a lot like mine, and we're also expecting a baby in about 2 months. I seriously just want to lay down and cry every single time I put him to bed. He doesn't really get rules like, "You don't have to go to sleep, but you do have to stay on your bed and be quiet." He's only 22 months old. I'm seriously losing my mind here.
Just to chime in--my son is *exactly* that age and does very much the same thing. He just gets super into a phrase or idea and returns to it OVER AND OVER. Lately, it's been "water spout!' as in, what the itsy bitsy spider climbed.    The thing that makes me not concerned about it is that he does this kind of thing when he's kind of bored or on his own, not in response to interaction. If I said, "Hey, can you get the green block," and he frequently responded with...
Wow, I had such a huge list before DS and now I'm like...eh, things.   I guess my list is:   Shuffle some furniture around--big comfy chair and changing table out of DS's room and into mine. Repair our rocking chair (broken caning in the bottom and some joints that need to be reglued) Make a series of Montessori mobiles (Like...
Also, can we all take a sacred vow to REMEMBER WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE when we are about to become grandmas? :)
I feel your pain. Seriously. My mom was terrifically put out that I didn't want her present for my son's birth (we were at home). She lived 4 hours away, and my labor was only 3.5 hours long, so she wouldn't have had time to get there anyway, but I definitely told her beforehand. It caused a ton of tension during the last few months of my pregnancy, but now (almost two years later), she's pretty much forgotten about it.   Of course, NOW, she's moving an hour away and...
  Oh, wow! My DH and I started dating when I was 13, too. I always get excited when I meet someone else who did that, because it's really rare. It is completely amazing to see someone grow and change over that kind of time.
My son STILL doesn't respond to those kind of commands, but his language skills are fantastic for his age. I think he's just stubborn and kind of messing with me. I know that he has good comprehension, though--the other day, I was talking with a friend about seeing a movie, and DS interrupted with, "Watch puppy! Puppy baby. Puppy scared." He had just seen about the first 20 minutes of Lady and the Tramp, wherein the family has a baby and Lady freaks out when a pet store...
We're struggling with the same questions right now.  I think we're done after this baby, but I don't want to do anything permanent (DH will probably eventually get a vasectomy) for at least  5 years. We used NFP while trying to get pregnant with #2, but I was mostly just guessing--my cycles are crazy irregular. I wouldn't feel comfortable with using it as a birth control method. I'm kind of thinking about the copper IUD, though I'm nervous about the heavy periods....
Oh thank goodness. I loathe Kegels (but squat all friggin day, with a toddler).