or Connect

Posts by nilatti

When my son was 6 months (pretty much as soon as he could sit on his own, I started making him treasure baskets like this one: http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2009/10/treasure-basket.html (that's someone else's blog, not mine). He would just turn the objects over and over in his hands. I could actually do something non-baby-related for 45 minutes! It was good for both of us.
One other thing that helped me was getting my head around the idea that *it's just pee*. If my son peed on me...well, not a big deal. Clothes wash. I wash. It's all good. We're trained to be super afraid, but...well...it's not a big deal.   Also, with my son, one thing that helped in the beginning was wearing him a lot. He doesn't like to pee in his diaper when I'm wearing him, so he would get really REALLY fussy and wiggly when he needed to potty. I couldn't have...
DH and I are ... sort of trying. I haven't gotten AF back yet, and we've both been too busy and stressed to have much time to kiss, let alone much more!   August should settle down, though, and I think I'm starting to see signs of AF's return (CM changes and such)
My DS has just really gotten awesome at crawling. We've had two poop misses in the past week (after not having any since April). DH is pretty stressed about it.    We've tried using books, toys, songs, even nursing, to keep him on the potty long enough for a poop. Even pees are not going well.   I know this is a natural time when a pause happens...I'm just curious, from those who've btdt, how long does this pause last?
Silas is crawling all over the place, but not pulling up or cruising furniture yet (thank goodness!). He has six teeth.   As to words...we're still just at "doggy!" I know who is special to baby...   He has six teeth and seems to be working on another one.    I can't get over what a pleasant and easy-going baby he is. He only really acts up when he's in some kind of discomfort. Recently, we spent four days in DC because a play I directed was touring there....
My husband does generally confine his personal mess to his "man cave." I guess what I'm going crazy over is his inability to manage the baby's mess. DS is only 10 months old. He's not really capable of putting his own stuff away reliably. When I come home after DH has spent the morning with the baby, there are Cheerios all over the carpet and DS's toys scattered everywhere--because DH doesn't do a good job of putting stuff back where it goes. I hope that I'll be good...
I actually just started nursing him on the potty the night before last. I had tried it before, but back when he couldn't sit up very well...and got pee everywhere! But now that he's big enough to do the sitting part himself, it's actually not that bad. It seems to be working pretty well, as long as I do (as you described) boob before potty.   I also wanted to report back to Revolting. We tried some YouTube Sesame Street songs, and they definitely kept him on the...
First, I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful post. I've been working way overtime lately and hadn't had a chance to respond. I really do appreciate your presenting the other side of this, and in such a kind and rational way.   Wow, what you said about the baskets is SO TRUE. We have these cute little baskets under our changing table, with all of DS's clothes and diapers in them. DH gets them out to find an outfit or whatever, and never, never, never puts them...
I'm glad I'm not the only one. DH thinks I'm *crazy*.
How old is your DS? Just curious if you have gotten past this yet (and if so, when).   As to the videos...at this point, I'll try anything, and that's something I hadn't thought of. I could have some cued up on the netbook and ready to go. If it doesn't work, no harm done, and if it does...oh, blessed sleep! Thanks for the idea. Even if it takes us down from 4 wakings per night to 2, that would be amazing.