or Connect

Posts by nilatti

I like MBC on FB!
I'd love to win a Beco!   I think that a carrier like that -- structured and easy to use--might make babywearing appeal to my DH more than our other carriers do.  He seems deeply intimidated by the Moby and the mei tai.
DH puts him to bed when I'm home all the time--he's actually way better at it than I am. I think maybe the only difference is that S usually gets only one bottle per day, and it's in the morning. It could be that he feels like he needs the breast in the evening or something.   I'm hoping it's just teething/developmental and he'll outgrow it! That's most of why I was posting--I was hoping someone else would say, "Oh, my kid went through the same thing at this age, and...
We use an amber teething necklace on Silas. I think it helps, but MY GOODNESS he's bothered by teething. So we've also been using Camilia and occasionally Tylenol. I just hate to see him so miserable. I've been able to feel those teeth beneath his gums for MONTHS now.  :(   Here's a little story about the amber necklaces. DH's little sister had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis growing up. She's in her 20s now, but still has some pain in her neck and shoulders. We got...
I guess I should have said (though I didn't think of it until now) that the times when this has happened have all been Sunday nights--so we've been together since Friday at noon. I don't go out much during the week, I guess.   I talked with my husband about your suggestions, and he thinks that taking the baby somewhere else might help. Apparently he gets the most upset when he looks at the spot on the couch where we nurse! :(   Thanks for your thoughts.
Yes, I leave him with my husband for 5 hours every morning because I work then.
Ok, this thing has started in the past few weeks, and it is NOT COOL.   If I'm out past 7 pm, my son (6 months) starts to freak out and scream uncontrollably. My husband claims that he'll scream for three hours straight.   Now, I should note that my husband tends to exaggerate a little, so I kind of doubt that Silas really screams for three entire hours...but I've definitely come home to find both of them looking totally traumatized.   It's also probably...
OMG THIS. All the ladies at my church (who have pre-teens) were so gooey over Silas when he was a few weeks old. They all said, "Oh, I just love this baby stage when they're so cuddly and helpless." I didn't feel like I could say, "Really? Because I wish he would acknowledge my existence!"    On a related note, just when you feel like you can't take it (waking a zillion times per night, needing to be held for naps, whatever) they grow out of it. Magic!   Oh, and...
I just learned a new one!   Baby Silas and I both have a pretty nasty cold. I was trying to get him to sleep, and he was losing his mind--really freaking out. Diaper was fine, didn't want to potty, nurse, or rock. What finally worked was holding him really tight (basically swaddling him with my arms), and rocking HARD left-right-left-right while SHHHHHHing. This is what we used to do when he was a tiny infant, but he hasn't been into that kind of thing for a few...
A while ago, somebody posted a link, which I can't find now, to a list of ways to get a baby to sleep. One item was about nursing to sleep: immediately after getting your nipple out of the baby's mouth, apply upward pressure on his chin, holding his mouth shut. This creates pressure on his jaw that mimics nursing and can keep him from feeling the sudden lack of boob.   So, I tried it...and it worked like a charm!   Now I want to know, what other little tricks do...