or Connect

Posts by nilatti

Well, I called Anthem, and a very nice CSR there apologized and recommended that I appeal on the grounds that no in-network providers do homebirths in my area (it might be possible to get it covered at in-network rates with this argument). I should be receiving an appeal form in the mail in a few days. I'll let you know how it goes.   The part I don't get, though, is why they make it so hard. Anthem could pay my midwife 100% of her fee, write me a check for $5K just...
Interesting...when I see the doctor again, I'll ask if it was just vitamin D or a whole bunch of other things, and about getting my vitamin D levels tested.
UPDATE:   About a day after I posted this, my son started behaving normally again. He never developed a fever, so I just decided to watch and wait. I'm definitely going to go to his 4-month check-up with print-outs of articles on the dangers of forced retraction.   Thank you, everyone, for your replies. It really helped me feel, at least, that I was NOT being unreasonable in my concern about the retraction.
I'm relieved to hear this! I'm glad toknow this happens to other people, and I sure hope I'm like you and not like those friends you mentioned...I am SO not ready to be dealing with fertility again....
              My 2-month-old is suddenly very fussy and irritable, not going to sleep easily, and especially fussing when he pees or needs to pee. My husband thinks the baby's pee smells kind of weird, too (not sure I agree). He's nursing really fussily too, lots of popping off and on and crying. I would suspect a UTI, but he doesn't have a fever and his pee is normal-colored.     The only thing that I can think of that happened recently that...
At my son's 2-month check up, his doctor offered to prescribe a liquid multivitamin for him. This doc always says things like, "As long as breastfeeding is working for you, it really is the best thing for him," so I was really surprised to hear him explaining that formula is fortified with all these vitamins, and sometimes breastfed babies aren't getting as much...   Just for context, the baby is 75th percentile for weight, 95th for height, and seems to be hitting...
My 2-month-old is suddenly very fussy and irritable, not going to sleep easily, and especially fussing when he pees or needs to pee. My husband thinks the baby's pee smells kind of weird, too. He feels a touch on the warm side, but I don't think it's a fever. He's nursing really fussily too, lots of popping off and on and crying.   I guess I'll call his doctor in the morning, but I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this. We've been ECing the baby for...
I have an anthem PPO, and so far they are denying everything for my homebirth. If anyone was successful,could you please tell me how?
Ok, help me out here, because I'm deeply confused. My son is almost 8 weeks old. I've been breastfeeding him on cue, day and night (and he eats A LOT). My lochia totally stopped at around 5 weeks postpartum. Then, last week, I had some mild pain/soreness in my vaginal regions and spotting for four days. Now I have some sticky CM going on, and I'm starting to wonder if that spotting was a "warning period." I often get vaginal soreness with my period, just like what I had...
Dear PPs, would you mind posting your state and insurance provider? I live in VA and have Anthem BCBS PPO. I'm getting ready to hassle them about paying for my hb. Apparently it varies not just by plan and provider but also by state...