or Connect

Posts by nilatti

I should note that plenty of moms have babies that close with no iron-related problems. It's about 50%, compared with about 20% of women who space their babies farther apart. Here's the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9132965
I'm actually posting this because of a conversation with a friend (I should just say that I have not lost any children, and pray daily that I never know what this friend went through). Her second daughter died at 8 weeks old, about 2 years ago, and she's now expecting again. She was giving me some hand-me-downs from her older daughter, because she's expecting a boy and I'm having a girl. We came across some of her other baby's clothes in there--some of which, the baby...
I grew up in a community where nearly everyone was born at home or at a birth center. I was born at a birth center, and I attended my brother's home birth when I was three. My mom always talked about his birth (which was much longer and harder than mine! He tried to come elbow first!) as being really special. She was a major advocate for midwives in our area. I know now that she didn't mean that my birth WASN'T special, but as a kid, it was hard to see that. My mom has...
I'd like to second the Pur Absorb. By taking it first thing in the morning with a glass of OJ, I moved my hemoglobin number from 9.9 to 11.9 in ONE WEEK.   I should also note that that week also involved cutting out caffeine and eating red meat for four meals (normally, I have red meat...maybe once per quarter). I still think that a lot of that movement can be attributed to the Pur Absorb, though.
Yay! I'm so happy for you--that must have been really frustrating and scary.
My son really enjoyed reading books about children using the potty (though he's been ECed since he was tiny, so he was sort of used to the idea). We had a "potty pause" at around 19 months, and got over it by reading Once Upon a Potty and some Sesame Street book where Baby Grover "has to go." It just normalized it.   Latest favorite around here is Everybody Poops.    So, maybe you could try just reading those books to him for a couple weeks and then see if he...
Yay! Congratulations! Sending wishes for a fast recovery and good sleepers! :)
I was just getting on to say basically what BeMoreFarmGirl wrote. This morning, I asked my (almost-2-year-old) son whether he wanted toast or cereal for breakfast. He said cereal, but then threw a fit when I brought it to him. I tried reasoning with him, which was pointless. Then I brought him a tiny pitcher with a tablespoon of milk in it. I said, "I don't think I put enough milk on your cereal. Can you pour it for me?" And he did. And he was happy, and ate the whole...
So cute, and what a great birth story! Love the name. Congratulations to all of you.
So, I'm not really there yet--expecting #2 in a month, and my kids will be 2 years apart. BUT, if you're planning on conceiving again soon, you should know that if your births are 2 years or less apart, you are at double the risk of anemia that you would be if they were 3 years or more apart. I've been struggling with anemia throughout this pregnancy, and I wish someone would have told me about this--just so I could really focus on building up my iron and get it checked...