or Connect

Posts by phathui5

Mm. It's possible. But it's also likely that you would have been sent home having issues and then been trying to get back in to see someone. I've done several home visits for moms who had their baby in the hospital and were having pain with nursing but couldn't get a call back from the lactation consultant.
Here is one sample home birth birth plan:   http://www.nct.org.uk/sites/default/files/BirthPlan-HomeBirth.pdf   I think it's great that you're going to write a birth plan in the event of transport. It's important to keep in mind when writing it that if you were to transfer in, it's likely to make use of some of the interventions the hospital has to offer that can't be done at home. So, I wouldn't recommend making it like the typical birth plan that moms trying to have...
What about babysitting? In our area, there's a serious lack of good childcare, so there's work to be had for moms who are good sitters.
I had a very active study group here that met weekly for a year. Now we're down to once a month, but that's ok for me, cause I passed the NARM!
You have to do what feels right to you. If you're more comfortable birthing in a hospital, then you should look into options in your area.
It's very self-directed. There was not much in the way of feedback.
Most of the disorders they test for are treatable and yes, you can have a child who has one of them and there was no indication from the parents or siblings' medical histories. I don't understand why you wouldn't do the newborn screening.
Why would they be testing your baby's blood bilirubin level if there's not visible jaundice? That's overkill.
I'd vote for doing it. Here in Oregon, there's been a push lately to provide it to babies who were born out-of-hospital, so the state is starting to loan screening machines to midwives and birth centers.
Welcome to Mothering!