or Connect

Posts by heatherr30

I logged onto this thread hoping to get some good advice, because my 2 yr old is also out of control!!! Tonight he chased his big sister around the house trying to hit her with a toy vacuum cleaner.  He held it high in the air like a club.  After having that taken away he went into the bedroom and tore down all her posters and ripped them up before we could stop him.  When it's someone bigger than him who he's picking on I stay patient but he also tries to club the 1...
Hi Eyestothesky.  I was in the exact same situation with my 5 yr old DD a year ago, when I decided I wanted to throw out all animal products.  Unfortunately, my DH was not in the same frame of mind so animal products continued to be available. (Just recently he's indicated he is open to giving up animal products at home on a trial basis, but DD continues to get the normal menu at DC) After a year of cooking vegan recipes, I can feed my kids a vegan meal without them...
Wow, so many options.  Thanks everyone!  Now I can stop spending my evenings searching the internet for vegan recipes.  Much more comfy to curl up with a cook book on the sofa! 
Are you going to blend them up?  If so, does it matter whether they clump up?  They are soaked and should now blend as easily as they ever will.
Thank you, I saw that one too on amazon.  To be honest all the books by her looked great!  I don't have a single vegan cookbook and I am really looking forward to getting started with my collection and being able to cook acceptable meals for others. (I cook for myself but mostly other people don't want to eat what I cook.)
Oh I just wanted to add that I think your situation is different from mine.. in that your DD is 14 months old and not used to eating meat, whereas my DD was 4 yrs old when I made the switch and loved meat and already used to eating meat  in a group situation at day care..  and that a parent eating meat is a little different than an extended family member eating meat, what I meant when I said people have to be given the choice, I was talking mainly about adults (and about...
Glasses girl I can totally see why you and your spouse agree to serve your mother the food that she wants to eat!  She is an adult and has been eating that way her whole life.  I see your fear about your daughter preferring Grandma's food to her own.. it could happen.. but then again what would you say to your Dd if Grandma had a whisky every evening after dinner and she wanted one too? You obviously need to be very sure of your reasons for eating veg (or flexitarian)...
Thanks, it's ordered! :)
Can someone recommend me a cookbook?  I don't have a lot of time to cook, nor do I have access to exotic ingredients...  but I do crave something a bit fancier from time to time--like a home made veggie burger or a good sauce to go with the meal. The recipes have to be healthy--but not to the extent that my family won't eat anything I cook! Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
Thank you everyone for your comments.  It all makes sense to me now, and you've given me the confidence to do what I'm doing without feeling embarrassed or guilty. Yesterday the kids helped me make pancakes. As a final step, we divided the batter and DD (5) mixed in the egg in one half of batter (she would never eat the egg free pancakes--yes, she can notice the change in texture) while DS (2) helped me grind up flax seed for the egg replacer.  When DD asked me why I...