or Connect

Posts by heatherr30

Thanks for both comments, I had a look at the web page you suggested and will try pottying beween activities!  I suppose what we really need is more diaper-free time... but with Dd at home I am bound to be looking the other way just as DS (who is already crawling backwards) pees all over the place.... Hopefully I will be able to focus on him better an hour or two most days when she goes to kindergarten in a few weeks.  
My Ds is 6 mo old and we have been doing EC since he was 3 weeks.  I catch most poops and a few pees per day.  Problem is, we are in kind of a rut... where i know he pees in his diaper most of the time but I don't know what to do about it...  Also he does not seem to mind a wet diaper but he does mind stopping his play. Is there anything I can do at this stage or are we just destined to use diapers for peeing until he is old enough to PT?  I really want to do EC with...
Have you tried holding him in different positions or letting him pee in places where he might not get nervous?  Try the sink, bathtub, toilet (you can also hold him over the toilet not just sit him on it), the great outdoors, etc.  First of all you and him should get comfortable with whatever hold or position you plan to use, so let him practice sitting on the potty with clothes on, hold him over the toilet or bath, etc a few times a day and find what works best for you...
I didn't dare NOT nurse DS when he first woke up, at the newborn stage.  He would really protest if I didn't put him to the breast right away. I just watched him really closely and if he showed signs of squirming, pulling at the nipple, basically not getting down to business, I took him off the breast and to the toilet QUICK! He wore a diaper till we got to the bathroom so if I was too slow there was no accident.  But we almost always got there in time and as he got...
Thanks everyone for your comments!  I guess the dr and pt hadn't described the condition very well to me.  It does sound like torticollis (after googling the symptoms) and first thing tomorrow morning I am going to check for a lump in the muscle.  Now those pt exercises make a lot more sense. I am also going to ask the dr about chiropracty--she is trained in natural medicine and I wonder if she might be supportive of alternative methods (just not able to recommend...
My 4 month old baby always looks to the right when he's in the carrier. (I use a Didymos wrap with one of the front ties) I've tried turning his head to the left but he always turns back after 30 sec or so.  I am left-handed, could the way I am tying the wrap have something to do with it? I know this may seem trivial but my son has been sent to physio for this issue and I would like to get to the bottom of it. The therapist has managed to help me with the way I...
Thanks ladies its good to be reassured I didn't do anything wrong.  Hoping42, the top is stretched out exactly as you described...but now I realize it is just too small because our size L arrived and it works great.  Who would have thought a size L would be great on a 4 month old!  I soaked the new one in lanolin too but made the water temp a bit cooler than previously... still waterproof. 
Maybe I am washing it wrong?  I use Disana wool pull-on pants.  Hand washed at 30 degrees, the instructions on the wool shampoo say to let soak 10-15 min.  Then I lanolize letting them soak overnight (again in cool water).    However the instructions on the cover say not to soak at all.  I can't see how I would be able to lanolize the shorts without soaking them?  What do others do?  The stretchy parts around the waist and legs are not stretchy anymore... they look...
Aw just use a CD with no cover, if you'd like some feedback as to when the pee is happening, and put a pad on your lap if you want to protect your clothing.  Feeding is so important!  There's plenty of time for EC later, once the feeding issues have been sorted out.
yes it's bad if you put too much pressure on them, show your disappointment if they don't succeed, in the past some parents were even abusive to children who had an accident..  It was a good thing when drs started saying, look, if your kid is not PT, it may be that they are not ready. However, the disposable diaper companies have really jumped on the bandwagon trying to tell us that ALL kids are better off in diapers till around the age of 3 or 4.  Pleeeez. IMO it's...