or Connect

Posts by emily11megan

23 weeks, now we're getting somewhere!  My anterior placenta is FINALLY allowing me to feel some good daily movement, but still much less than I'd expect at this point.  It is also making my uterus so full of baby at the bottom (the placenta fills the top/front) so my belly is a different shape this time than the other two.  Anyone else have a new shape to them this time around?
I'm getting this with #3.  I just don't get why people make such a big deal of it.  I know some claim to be environmentalists, but I don't know if everyone buying a new TV when theirs still works gets hassle from the public, or anyone that doesn't carpool, or eats tropical produce etc, etc. We all use resources for everything we do, and asking me to give up something so important to me is rude.  I love my kids and do my best to raise them to be happy, competent and...
Henci Goer has interesting things to say about GD and the testing for it.  She basically says it's a waste of time, that all it does is indicate women who may be at risk for developing diabetes later in life.  The congenital anomalies that was attributed to GD in the past are instilled in the baby during organogenesis, which occurs during the first trimester, and women aren't even tested until the 3rd.  By then, there is nothing to do about any possible anomalies, and...
I agree with tiredx2 about the size of babies/mamas. my midwife is tiny, 5'1" and about 90lb and had a9lb baby at age 21. my babies were 8 and 8 1/2lb and I'm 5'2" and 115. easy birth, fast birth. which leads me to my next point of agreement: calladona, yes. don't wish for a fast birth. I found 6 hours was fine, very fast was scary, painful, sore, bruisy and too intense. My mind didn't catch up with my body until a couple days later. People say I'm lucky, but precipitous...
I just got a kick on the outside last night.  My placenta is anterior, so I was really wiggling my uterus around, trying to get a feel for where baby was so I could use the fetoscope, and I got a cute response to all my pushing.  I didn't even bother to use the fetoscope, kicks are more fun than heartbeats any day!
Cathy: congrats!  I bet you are beyond excited. Calladona:  I wouldn't worry if I were you.  There are so many RARE things that could potentially go wrong, and I think while it's helpful to know what they are to rule them out or pay attention to warning signs, they can sometimes overload the mama with worry/negativity.  Your baby will thrive in your positivity!  I am sending healthy vibes to your uterus, but I doubt you need them. I have been feeling toning...
I've been feeling "iffy" movement for a week or two, with a few definite knocks in there sporadically.  I wondered if it meant my placenta was anterior for the first time.  I had my scan this morning, and it was confirmed.  I know it's not a big deal for the health of the pregnancy and the birth, but I am a little bummed.  I like the movement of pregnancy, even at the end when it gets crazy.  I might not have another pregnancy, so I hope I get to experience all the great...
I love how everyone's belly looks different. I'm used to mine and of course think it's"normal" but then I see that it's not actually normal, but unique.
Calladonna, happy for you!
I've been out of the loop for a week or so, we've all had that nasty stomach bug that's everywhere in America.  I can't read through all the posts, but I promise to mention y'all by name in the coming weeks.  I'm happy for all the mamas who are feeling their babies move, and for everyone who has been getting news through ultrasounds this month; sex, healthy, resolving problems.  I did scan a couple posts, but my life is WAY behind, as you can imagine after a week of...