or Connect

Posts by physics girl

Buterflymomma, of course you are welcome to hang out with us on the thread!
Canadianhippie, yes, you must take your temperature after you've had at least a few hours of sleep and before you get up, drink anything, etc. It's best to use a basal thermometer since it gives a more precise reading than a fever thermometer. I've had good luck with the BD digital basal thermometer, which you can get for around $14 on Amazon, and I found the Target Up&Up brand thermometer to be worthless.   I'd recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your...
Welcome. Canadianhippie. If you are teaching yourself charting, it might be best to get a basal thermometer and use a sympto-thermal method for now. Categorizing and interpreting mucus can be tricky, especially at first, so it's nice to have objective temperature data to use as well. Mucus-only methods, such as the Billings method, really require specialized training from an instructor in order to use successfully.
Librarygirl, I am impressed by your running, especially considering I spent Sunday morning in bed clutching a heating pad. I always hear about how much exercise helps with cramps, but during the worst of it, I can never manage to actually try it. Also, congrats on losing 30 pounds and maintaining your loss.
Welcome to the March thread, everyone.   I don't have a lot to report, other than that last month I had several days in a row with a very messed up sleep schedule so I let charting go for the remainder of the month, which doesn't matter much since I'm still just charting for information. I'm on cd 2 now, and very eager to get back to charting.
New thread is up. Sorry for the delay.
   March 2012    Welcome to the March 2012 charting to avoid and fertility awareness thread. We are all at different stages in family planning and our own fertility. Some of us are very ardently Charting to Avoid (CTA); some are CTA but would be thrilled with a BFP; and we even have a few who are "whatevering" or pregnant and continue to hang out here.   If you did not post last month, you may have been deleted from the list. If you have joined recently, please...
New thread will be up by tomorrow morning, currently up to my eyeballs in homework.
The new thread for February is up.   Thanks, infojunkie. This morning my temp dropped to the coverline, and I started having spotting and minor cramps so I expect the worrying will be over soon.    
   February 2012    Welcome to the February 2012 charting to avoid and fertility awareness thread. We are all at different stages in family planning and our own fertility. Some of us are very ardently Charting to Avoid (CTA); some are CTA but would be thrilled with a BFP; and we even have a few who are "whatevering" or pregnant and continue to hang out here.   If you did not post last month, you may have been deleted from the list. If you have joined recently,...