or Connect

Posts by Lamashtu

Oh yeah?  Well, MY mom didn't even live with us when I was growing up but I still managed to get into a top 1 law school AND make law review.  So there!   Anyhoo, I couldn't wrap my head around DH not wanting to stay home because, frankly, he financial contribution seemed paltry.  But then I got to thinking.    Now, the numbers I'm using are probably a bit out of date because they're based on earnings before I stopped work when I got pregnant with Leda.  If someone...
  That is ridiculous!  What are you supposed to do; strap the carseat to your back???    
Ever read about women who gave birth without even realizing they're pregnant?  I, for one, have always been disbelieving of those claims because, come on, who would not know they have a little person in there?   Color me embarrassed because I found out today that I have not one, but TWO little people in there and they've apparently been in there going about their business for awhile.   Yes, ladies, you can get pregnant on the Pill.   I need a drink to process...
Nothing to add, just wanted to give a shout-out to my hometown, Fox Chapel (northern 'burb of Pittsburgh)!
    I'm sure this post was made tongue-in-cheek but, to any new moms reading who don't realize that Jynuine is joking, I'd like to make it clear that, if on the off chance someone actually tried to take home an infant from the hospital in a 7 year old carseat, the staff would be well within bounds to not let that happen!      Car seats have expiration dates because most are made of plastic and plastic becomes brittle and can develop cracks over time. Car seats are...
  You know, VisionaryMom, you may have hit the nail on the head.  I think that maybe the OP's nanny views herself as a "career" nanny and that is quite different from, say, a college student who watches kids on the side.   We hired our nanny from a fantastic agency, The Pavillion Agency ( for those of you in the NYC area, I TOTALLY recommend this place.  We hired our housekeeper and our nanny through them and I love, love, LOVE both of them!  Plus, they do very thorough...
On one hand, I can see the legal staff at the hospital saying, "If we allow that jaundiced baby to go home and it turns out she has a problem with her liver, we're gonna be on the hook for a big payout when mom and dad get sue happy."  A signed release doesn't always protect a provider.   On the other hand, though, that nurse was seriously overstepping her boundaries.  Especially in light of the fact that a pediatrician who is on staff at the same hospital where all...

Oh, don't I know it, dahling!  
  How are things set up at your job?  If you are between clients or waiting for a meeting to start, are you allowed to make a phone call, check your Blackberry or get a cup of coffee?  Or do they have you washing windows and checking the restroom for paper towels?    I'm exaggerating slightly, but see what I mean?  People, even at work, cannot be expected to be "on" every single second.   I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it's an apt comparison.  If I...