or Connect

Posts by Lamashtu

Love, love, LOVE that quote, CatsCradle!  Well done!
Thank you for your replies, mamas!    Chamomile Girl, since you're in the business perhaps you could answer a question about shea butter for me?  Does it expire or go bad?  Is there an optimum temperature I should store it at?  Also, I see that the shea butter at Mountain Rose comes in hunks instead of in a tin (which is fine by me considering how much money I'm gonna save!).  Do you just dip into it with your hand and it melts quickly?  Or do you need to stir...
"Hate" is possibly too strong a word but I certainly dislike her and the feeling is quite mutual.   I met DH a year AFTER he divorced his first wife but that doesn't matter because she still considers me a homewrecker.   I was an attorney in a prominent firm before DD was born and now I'm a SAHM.  According to MIL, I am "taking advantage financially" of my DH and I am a gold digger.  Oh, and I don't "deserve" to have a housekeeper because I don't "do anything"...
We go through an insane amount of shea butter in our house.  I use it on my face and legs, on Leda's bottom, as a hair conditioner, DH uses it as an aftershave...   I'm currently using L'Occitane shea butter but at $40 for 5 ounces, shea butter is becoming a budget buster!  Do any of you mamas use shea butter?  Where do you get it from?  If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost?   I've seen it on Internet sites for as little as $7 for 8 ounces but I'm...
"Milk Siblings!"  I love this; enjoy!   http://www.babble.com/baby/baby-feeding-nutrition/breast-friends-wet-nurse-cross-nursing-breastfeeding-information/index.aspx
First of all, five years old is certainly old enough to know that you do not push another child's face with your foot!   Second, I don't think you did anything wrong.  Sometimes urgency is called for; he could have seriously hurt your DS.   Last spring I was at the playground with DD and an older child kept stealing her toy.  Finally DD got so frustrated she started to cry.  I was so angry!  I went over to that child and said something absolutely horrible to him...
Cybercere, I see that you are in the Annapolis area.  My father is the managing partner of a large pediatrics practice down there and I know that they accept Tricare.  His staff is very, very supportive of EBF.  If you're interested in contact information, please drop me a PM!
Actually, I am from Annapolis originally so I may be able to help you.  Try "Bay Area Behavioral Health" on Ritchie Highway in Severna Park.  There are several wonderful counselors on staff there. 
I hope this doesn't sound cold-hearted, but here goes...   You are a professional woman and he, on the other hand, is a guy with multiple kids by multiple women who can't afford to pay child support.  I think you should take him to court and get full custody so you don't have to worry about it anymore.  You can afford proper representation and he would probably have to resort to one of those firms that advertises on television.    I'm so sorry you're going...
Have you considered getting counseling as a family?  I know that counseling isn't a cure-all but from reading your initial post I get the vibe that perhaps you favor your bio daughter and your DH favors his bio daughter (which, IMO, is perfectly normal).  I think an impartial counselor could help your family work through these hurdles and neither you nor your DH would have to act as anyone's "bad guy".