or Connect

Posts by Lamashtu

Hello all! I am a SAHM of a toddler and have recently reading Naomi Aldort's "Authentic Parenting" strategies.  Although I've utilized some very good advice, I find that a lot of her ideas are (to me, anyway) unrealistic.   She says that 100% of the day should be dedicated to the child to the exclusion of household chores and, basically, everything else.  However, I feel guilty that I am unable to let the housework and errands go and spend 100% of the day playing...
I typed up an entire post earlier today but I hit "clear" instead of "submit" and lost the whole darn thing!   Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how brave you are and how lucky your children are to have such a strong mum!  I wish you and your family all the best!   Okay, let's see if I can hit the correct button now...
Not sure how old your DD is but if she's in the 12-15 range, American Girl magazine is wonderful.
100% pure Shea Butter is wonderful.  It is very gentle and absorbs quickly but is extremely moisturizing.
Hello!  I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question.  If you want to be excused from having your child vaccinated because of a religious belief, can't you just site where in your religion it says that vaccinating goes against its tenents?
I hope I'm not out of line in bringing this up but your mention of your husband's reaction at cleaning up after your son eliminates raised a red flag with me.   I wonder if, when you're not home, your DH is doing some (for lack of a better term) rogue potty training?  You write, "Now if we even mention the word 'potty' DS screams NO NO NO and goes to find something else to do" and that makes it sound like your little one is perhaps being forced to sit on the potty...
I agree that penicillin is ridiculously overprescribed and shouldn't be the first thing doctors think to give a baby!   This coughing remedy is going to sound weird but three generations of my family says it works!  Brew some very strong chamomile tea and add lemon.  Let it sit until tepid.  Wrap the following in a square of cheesecloth:  anise seed, crystallized ginger and black peppercorn.  Securely tie off the cheesecloth.   Dunk the cheesecloth bag into the...
I wouldn't worry about this; it happens to most kids.  When someone compliments your son, just say "thank you".  If they suggest modeling, just say that you don't think he'd like it.  Easy peasy! :)
You are a very brave woman, Crystal.  Keep your chin up; Karma will catch up with him in the end.
Oh sweetie, reading your post makes me want to cry.  I am so sorry your birth didn't go the way you wanted it to.  I understand your disappointment and I hope it goes away.   I'm the opposite of you.  Although I am, by any and all accounts, a crunchy mama, I did not want a "natural" birth.  I freely admit it is because I am a wimp when it comes to pain.  So, labour commenced, partner and I got to the hospital and things were going swimmingly.  After I couldn't hold...