or Connect

Posts by saharantea

For my dear, sweet, tries-really-hard husband to finish, completely (including hauling off any debris to the dump), just one single one of the many projects he has started in or around the house (and by finish completely, I mean including doing the project to local building code so we could actually sell the house without having to hire a contractor to fix it before we move out).   --From his...
I planned on breastfeeding past infancy because of the extended health (immune, nutrition, long-term) benefits.  I ended up following through with breastfeeding for none of those reasons and did it because my daughter loved it.  It calmed her when she needed it, soothed boo-boos, put her to sleep, and provided us both with amazing bonding time.  It was convenient when traveling by air to help her little ears and when there were no snacks available.  It was also selfish...
Until we had chicken pox exposure, we had plans for matching dog and daughter fairies.  Oh well.
Yay!  What a wonderful idea, and I especially like the part about leaving for a religious "holiday" to perform circumcision also being illegal.   I don't see this as religious restriction at all--there are places where it is a crime to use "faith healing" on children (denying medical treatment in favor of healing through prayer).  Faith healing is not even a direct action of harm, but rather harm through a form of neglect/lack of action (in my opinion).  If harm...
Find a good store nearby that can take you through your options--we had a great one near us called Mother Natures that was so helpful in explaining the different options, addressing concerns/problems we were having, and keeping us updated on new items that would be helpful. Of course, I'd be happy to share my experiences, but when I started typing it up, it was a whole dissertation, so email me if you want the details of what worked for our family. Best of luck!