or Connect

Posts by Milly_P

I've never used it but have heard good reviews. I also saw that it's on sale (50% off) right now on the homeschool buyer's co-op website. :) 
I've been looking into this program for my oldest (I'm actually waiting to hear back from the creator about what level my son should be in) after reading about it on the Well Trained Mind community group. It sounds really awesome, especially for kids who don't love writing. The TWTMF, I saw that someone is giving away three levels of...
I had my baby on December 20th (barely...at 12:17am!). She weighed 5lbs 2oz and was 18in long :)
Yes. Well, not so much sick of being pregnant, but sick of the worry, anxiety and stress. I don't want our little girl to be born right now (33wks) because it would be devastating to have to leave her in NICU. BUT, I wish I was 37 weeks right now and in labor (or better yet, just finished with labor) so this could just be over and I could have my alive and healthy baby in my arms!!
Oh, I also wanted to say that when I was pg with my 2nd, I found that I could actually feel his head when I was checking my cervix (towards the end of my last trimester). With my last baby, I could feel his head at 26 weeks (which was a wonderful blessing/memory to have because he died a couple weeks later). With this baby I don't remember when I was able to feel it, but it was definitely sometime in the 2nd trimester. DH has been able to "check" and feel her head, too....
We did what another poster said and shoved the mattress against the wall and then rolled up a ton of receiving blankets and shoved them down tight in the gap. I tried the snuggle nest one time and it was a pain so we didn't use it anymore. I dressed my baby in long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts and a sleep sack instead of having him under the covers. It gave me better piece of mind. I'm not really sure what setup we'll do with this baby because our room isn't really...
Oh, and as far as what it should feel like, I have no clue if every woman's should feel the same (I assume they should all feel somewhat similar during pregnancy), but my cervix feels incredibly "soft and squishy" and is like twice its pre-pregnancy size. I don't know how much the cervix changes after subsequent pregnancies, but this is our 5th baby so...
I do my own cervical checks as needed for reassurance (like when I have 2hrs of braxton hicks, or when I feel like my baby is trying to punch her way out of my uterus, LoL!). When I had my homebirth I checked myself a few times towards the end when I was by myself. My midwife never felt a need to check me and I got curious a couple times. At one point towards the end I could feel the water sack bulging...that was encouraging! Then At the very end I had the "I'm done...
Also, I don't know how complicated it would be, but in the last ddc I did it in, we each printed out (or wrote out) why we chose that bead and then cut in strips (enough "explanations" for each bead/mama) and they went with the bead. OR, we could have a thread on the group that explains why...you just have to explain what your bead looked like for those receiving...
I did this in another due date club years ago and it was so fun! Count me in!