or Connect

Posts by CrystalEyes

Hi, this is an old thread, but I thought I'd take a chance and see if you ever found any resources in SW Oklahoma? I grew up there, and haven't lived there since 1991, but it's possible I may be moving back with my husband and young son. Looking for resources for us--which may be a long shot... AP/natural doc; good school; etc....I am thinking home schooling may be the answer, but wondering about the chance of finding a homeschooling community so my son wouldn't miss out...
Hello! I recommend Blue Oak Clinic, http://www.blueoakclinic.com/. Stephanie and Ardeschir Mehrabani are both graduates of Bastyr, and have had their own practice for quite a while. They are compassionate, wonderful people.
I really love coffee. I love the beans, the roast, the grind, the press, the sip. The ritual. I like that I is my undeniable thing that I must have that no one in my family needs, but they respect my desire for it--and my time drinking it. In a Mama's world, where few things are purely mine, this is the one thing I lay claim to with ferocity and self indulgence. That said, I was concerned about loss of iron during pregnancy and in the newborn phase, so I quit cold turkey...
Yes, we too did all of our well baby check ups for those exact same two reasons-- with our beloved doctor in Oakland, California. DS turned two here in AZ, and have not found a Dr. That even comes close in comparison. So, our recent visit to our "new doctor" was for a final well baby and to get to know our doc. Unfortunately, that was not the doc's agenda... searching still, for a doc who cares. I'm making appts with some of the ones recc'd here despite them not accepting...
Thank you so much for sharing this, DoulaAngie. I know Dr. Melissa Ray is not on our provider list, but I will call her office and ask if they will accept us. She sounds very much above average. I think we were just so lucky with our last (and first ever!) pediatrician in Oakland, that I was not prepared for the search here... To be such a... Search. Thanks again for the encouragement.
Hi all, I really appreciate the suggestions. I was excited at least one recommendation of the suggestions, maybe from another board, Mark Bessette, accepts Arizona Health Choice insurance. Unfortunately, at his office at Carondelet, I was told he did not accept NEW patients w/ Health Choice, only existing patients with Health Choice. (?) I wanted to try suggestions posted here, but they are not on my provider list. SO, I was redirected to another Dr. at the same office,...
Hi! My son, 2 yrs old, has been going to Desert Spring since August. He adjusted quickly, which I think has a lot to do with the teachers too, not just him. They are incredible and emotionally supportive. They are all about communication with the kids... Child-led for the most part, with structure of the day being the basic playtime, reading, music/art, lunch, naptime things. My son only goes part time. Through "First Thing First" initiative, the city helps Desert Spring...
Thanks for the LLL info, and the pediatrician info, Sarah! I am definitely wanting to meet up. My son just started playschool 4 mornings a week, though! It's a big change for us... so I can't bring him Mon-Thurs. Fridays and weekends, yes. If you, or any other mothers, don't mind meeting up with me *sans kid*, then I am up for any morning of the week. Sometimes we can do evening playtime...kind of depending on the day... contact me? Thanks again! And also thanks to info...
Hi, does anyone know of, or have experience with, a pediatrician in Tucson who is comfortable with alt-vacc schedules or no-vacc? Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping? I read some replies about the Chandler area, and may very well drive an hour to go to a Dr. that is more supportive of our family choices. Since we are new to Tucson, I thought I'd ask... Thanks in advance!
Hi, I hear you about the food and exclusive bf-ing. My son is two and still nurses a lot... Sometimes eats a lot and sometimes not. His habits have changed a lot over time. He used to be very adventurous about tastes, and less so now. He used to eat tons of veg, then it switched to fruit and meat. I can hardly keep up and am always worrying. BUT, I remember at 9 months it was alllll about food exploration, not actual eating. (we kind of followed the baby-led way) So at 9...