or Connect

Posts by ishtarmaia

Both of my children have this. It pretty much covers their tricep area. It doesn't seem to bother them, but it feels weird and I ache to pick at it.: When I have done a little picking (the one time DD let me), they seem like little whiteheads, but they don't get inflamed like a regular pimple, meaning they're not red. I remember my brother having these as a kid and my mom driving him nuts wanting to pick at them. What are they and what causes them? Anyone? TIA!
I have the weirdest blistery rashy thing going on my right hand. I thought it was poison ivy at first, even though the rash looked a little different, but I didn't know what else it could be. It starts in clumps of tiny blisters that ooze and itch. Inevitably, i will scratch them (often in my sleep), eventually they will dry up and get scabby and then the skin will peel off (after getting very dry and taut). This leaves tender new skin that looks like it's going to...
Thank you to everyone for the support and links to good info. I knew I could count on you all! I am continuing my research and keep hoping to find the one thing that really helps him. I am pretty sure he is wheat intolerant, because that's all he ever wants to eat. Wheat, meat and cheese are practically all he wants to eat. I talked to DP about going wheat-free for 2 weeks after Thanksgiving to see what happens. I am sure I am intolerant, so I have suspicions that...
The only coconut oil I have ever had like that was rancid. Not only was it not tasty, it was downright nasty! I took it back to the store, which I see is not an option for you. I wouldn't eat it. Rancid oils are not health-giving foods. That sucks about the ebay policy. : By the way, you said that the kind you usually buy doesn't have much of a taste. I am wondering if the kind you are buying is refined-- the unrefined kind is the most health-giving and has an...
What do you mamas do when you are on your moon cycle? Do you take a complete break from practice (as advised in Ayurvedic texts) or do you just do more restorative poses and avoid inversions? It always helps me to do yoga when I am not feeling 100%. Especially with sinus issues or head cold action. Getting those deep full breaths through your system seems to really help break up the yuck and get things moving in the right direction again. Even when I am just plain...
My DS, who turned 8 two weeks ago, was recently diagnosed with ADHD. He has been attending the same Montessori school for 3 years and this year was the first time they approached us stating real concerns for his social-emotional development. He has always had behavioral issues; he is very oppositional defiant, thinks he should be able to make the rules/ run his own life (independent to the extreme and has been since birth), does anything to get attention and doesn't care...
Thank you to both of you ladies. i will try your suggestions and keep a close eye on her in the next few days. She seems happy and helthy, she is not ACTING sick in ny way. She runs around and plays all day and chills out with the family in the evening. She's a really great cat. We just love her and want to make sure she is all good, YKWIM? Thanks again for your insight.
Our kitten (12 wks.) pooped in the big potted plant in my bedroom and when i was cleaning it up, I found a gob of snotty stinky stuff with a little blood in it on the edge of the pot. Does anyone know where this might have come from and/or what it is/means? I would appreciate any help with this. TIA!
No, she is our only cat. I wanted a pair (for company's sake) but DH would not budge on that. "Only one!" He has never had a cat before and it has taken 7 years to get him to warm up to the idea at all, but now he loves her and has actually been very understanding with all these issues that have come up ("I don't want to get rid of her and I am not going to give up on her just because she's having some problems" ). I was pleasantly surprised. I got a phone call from a...
Thanks Julia. She IS spayed, so that's a non-issue. YAY!! Things seem to be fine today. I cleaned her box this morning just in case that was part of the problem. She seems to be happy about that. I really do appreciate everyone's input. Thanks to all!