or Connect

Posts by ishtarmaia

Thanks to everyone for the advice and info. We have been keeping his door shut. Then this morning just randomly she went in and peed on mine and DH's bed while everyone was getting ready for work/school. I am wondering if she is mad that we leave her alone while we're gone? The first time she pooped on ds's bed, the kids had spent the night at grandma's and I thought maybe she missed them. ??? She is never home alone for long. I have class in the morning after I drop...
We got a new kitten from the pound 2 weekends ago and last weekend when the kids spent the night at grandma's, the kitten pooped on ds's bed. Cleaned it up, washed the comforter--- no more problems until tonight when I went up and found a big wet spot on his bed. Now she peed on it. What is going on? Does anyone know about kitten behaviors and why she might be doing this or how to get her to stop? DH is gonna trip out if this doesn't stop and she'll be on her way...
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I appreciate your time and advice. Have a great day! JEN
Does anyone know how to train her not to do this? Every time I catch her in the plant, I take her to the litterbox. It's not far away, and she has used it, but once she found the plant, she seems to have decided she likes the dirt better than the litter (wheat stuff). Do you think it matters that I bought a different kind of litter than they used at the shelter where I got her? Like I said, she did use it several times. (We just got her this weekend) I want to...
Hey ladies. I bought a half gallon of raw milk from the hfs on the 21st of April. Not until the next day did I notice that the "best before" date on the bottle was April 21st. I intended to use it for making yogurt, but wasn't sure if I should. I have been so busy trying to help out friends who are going thru MAJOR stuff, etc. that I forgot all about the milk. I saw it in the fridge yesterday and now I really don't know what to do with it. It's 11 days "past date". Is it...
I have been reading about the teflon issues recently. Let me see if I can find a quote... nope. Here are a couple links, though. http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/200409/hearth.asp http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5350341 As far as the sticking issue goes, I would rather have my food stick to the pan a little than expose myself and my family to a "likely carcinogen". I personally use enamel coated cast iron which I put a little ghee or coconut oil...
I have been lurking on this thread for awhile now and I am finally ready to chime in. In my humble opinion, judgement CAN be a positive thing, but most of what is being discussed here does not fall under that category. I think the term "use your best judgement" refers to yourself, as in use your own best judgement in making decisions for yourself, not in judging others. I think there is a big difference between drawing an impression of someone and judging that...
DS (Chance) is Chancy-pants, The Boy, and Hellraiser (we only use that one in private 'parents only' discussions ) DD (Maya) is MayaPapaya or Sweetie Pie-ya The two of them are The Little Creatures, The Chillins, The Kiddos, The Monkeys This IS a fun thread!
IMHO, counseling would not be a motivator for your DH in this situation, especially if you guys are already financially strapped. It would probably make him resentful. In my experience, my DP felt like it was some kind of ultimatum; either we went or...??? And we just didn't have any extra $$ at the time. We also had the same sit. surrounding having more babes. He was adamant about not having any more and that thought crushed me. When we were finally able to sit down...
Hey, mangomama. Just wanted to let you know that the strongest kind of yogurt (probiotic-wise) is NOT the flavored kind. Obviously the best is the kind you make yourself, but other than that, the organic plain from the health food store is the best. Horizon is actually not the best brand, I would try to find something from a smaller company if possible. I use Seven Stars Farm brand. Look for a brand that is JUST milk and cultures. If your dd likes it sweet and...