or Connect

Posts by CJ 5

I reviewed them in the diaper reviews. I hated them. They were way to trim and I don't care for the inserts they do not fit the diaper properly. The tabs are also too narrow so they don't really have a great fit either. I wish I could like them but sadly I had major buyer remorse. I had pmed other moms on the board who used them and they also had problems with them.
In that case I would go to http://cloththoughts.com/cart/ and buy her waterproof PUL trainers. They work fine and the pocket ones you can stuff based on where he pees and how often which is much more reliable as some toddlers pee niagra falls and some pinch it off when they know they are about to go and run to the potty. She can even do customs. I have been happy with the ones I got from her but had thought of asking her to make some custom ones with longer tabs and...
I would just start with a trifolded microfiber towel. If you find that doesn't work then you could get some hemp and since it comes in a tube you could just cut a strip of it and trifold it and that would be some major absorbancy. Newborn prefolds also work well so I hear.
you know what I think would work the best? A good quality side snap fitted and then just put a pull on wool cover if you are leaving the house. you get the best of both worlds that way.
I like www.cloththoughts but they run big. the poquito pattern is awesome but she isn't selling it right now ... love it!!! For bigger babies potty dance pants from darling diapers is a good pattern. Fitted swaddlebees pull up and down really easily.
Quote: Originally Posted by monkeys4mama I haven't seen it mentioned, but my vote is for Chloe Toes. www.chloetoesboutique.com It is the best-fitting diaper we've ever used and they sew up faster than anything. I can sew a whole diaper in less than 30 min and they never leak. I love this pattern as well but you have to like to use FOE to make it worth it and have a snap press IMHO. I just don't think aplix and FOE are friends myself though...
The potty dance pants pattern runs big so it might not fit until around 18 months. You could try to put it on a copy machine and reduce it to help it fit a smaller baby. It is a nice pattern but for a first attempt just pin like a mad woman and use flannel. Do get the side snap. you might try instead going to cloththoughts.com. I think she does customs and you would get size you really could use for a long time. I think her prices are fair and I have gotten some good...
you might want to asked them the effect of dumping the dye down the sink after you are done dying your cloth. That is actually what worries me the most. Environmentally dye is not good and I feel guilt everytime I dump my RIT down the sink .
I wrote a pm but I personally do not like this pattern. For the money I think they should include photos of how to do them and far more detailed instructions than is provided. It is a pricey pattern and you get very little for your money. It is the hardest pattern I have ever traced and very difficult to follow. Other patterns include photo tutorials atleast on their webpage and the poquito pants pattern which is in the same price range comes with a 30 page booklet. The...
I honestly love the PP pattern and there is only one other pattern that comes close. It is the darling diapers potty dance pants pattern. The minus is that the small doesn't really run small enough to do the job. you have to modify it for smaller babies. The plus is that the PUL rolls in on them and they do have a great fit on larger babies and toddlers. For pull up diapers the swaddlebees is the only other one that works well. I have heard that some side snap diapers...