or Connect

Posts by joyfulmomof2

This may not be in the right spot, but I figured since it involves traditional food, it might be a good place to start. (And it seems like there used to be a more appropriate place to post this, but I can't seem to find it now).   I've been wanting to do the GAPS diet for a long while. I believe I have undiagnosed ADD, and in the past year or two, the symptoms have worsened. Anyway, I'm looking into psychiatric evaluation/treatment right now (and have started counseling-...
Like, what made you confidently say, "This! This is the approach we need to take with our family!"   Do you have any reservations about it, even though you are going ahead with it?   I guess you can have doubts with any approach you take, you can't know every outcome...   But what did it for you? How do you know unschooling is best for you? And did anybody end up here by accident? :-)
Not sure how helpful this is, but I have one, started during my first pregnancy (have now had three pregnancies). I never had any problems with it during the subsequent pregnancies (except for basically having an "outie" belly button throughout the entire pregnancy).   I have not had it repaired yet, still considering it. I did have one incident where I ended up in the ER because part of my intestine became trapped in it (extremely painful and potentially dangerous), but...
Thanks, all! I enjoyed reading your responses. :-)
We get out of the house usually three days a week, minimum. Sometimes one extra day for birthday parties or play dates or whatever. I personally *like* being at home (usually) as much as possible. My LO's are 6 1/2, 4 and 18 months, though, and I think maybe my desire to leave the house might grow as everyone gets older and a little more independent.   I tend to get overwhelmed if I'm spending too much time trying to leave the house. Also, I find if we do one "big"...
I don't strictly identify ourselves as "unschoolers", but if I'm honest, that's probably the best term to describe our approach...though I do feel we thrive with some level of structure and designated school work/lesson time. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else is a little more structured and when you take "breaks" for holidays and whatnot. I really know better than to compare ourselves to our public schooling counterparts, but I was having a conversation with some...
 Ha ha! Thanks! Good thoughts all around! I like the idea that they'll pick up little bits and pieces here and there. I guess it's kind of like feeding a baby in the early stages. You prepare a meal, and put your whole self into it, and present it to them, and they just eat what they want, and you just have to trust that they eat what their bodies need. I GUESS! Ha ha!  Otoh, sometimes they'll find something they really love and chow down. I love watching them learn, and...
I have a 6 year old and a three (almost 4) year old and a 15 month old. This is our second year homeschooling (DS1 is in "first grade). We're off to a good start with our routine and such, and I'm feeling good about how intentional and consistent I'm being with our studies.   Well, I'm just thinking about stuff that we're teaching/learning. What's the point of it all? A lot of it, I think DS is learning as he goes and at his own pace and on his own initiative, etc, but...
Oh wow! I haven't been on this thread in a while! Yes, I did have baby #3!  A boy. He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz. He was born on June 5th. He looked a lot like his sister when he was first born, very dark hair, darker skin (actually he seemed pretty red to me for a little while). But now, he's really fair, hair has lightened up a lot, and seems to be growing in blond like his brother. I'll see if I can post some pics... This is baby J when he was about a day old, I...
So, DS2 is now 3 weeks old, but my question is about DD who is 2 1/2. I feel like she's having a pretty hard time adjusting to the new baby/new family dynamic. She likes him a lot, and that's great, but she's been really defiant with me, and just having all kinds of behavior issues that we never had before. She has challenges with bed time, and she's been waking up really "hard"- just really upset when she wakes (especially from naps- to the point where I'd rather that...